Shoes for pronated feet?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MikkelM, Apr 2, 2013.

1. MikkelM

MikkelM Active Member

I am struggling to find a suitable last for my feet, which are pronated - this especially result in way to little room in the toe-box for my pinky toe. Combined with a narrow heel I haven't yet succeeded to find a dress shoe that fits.

I have searched the forum for threads on both 'pronation' and 'wide forefoott narrow heel' - however the results revealed no clear consensus on shoe brands or lasts designed specifically for the purpose, but the following where mentioned: Alden's modified, snap and plaza lasts - Trickers 4444 - C&J 341.

Unfortunately there is limitid to no chance to try on any of these lasts in person where I am located - so I'll have to do some ebaying.

Can anyone confirm if any of these lasts suits the purpose or provide further recommendations?

/M

2. nutcracker

nutcracker Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1 for Modified Last. They are excellent for problematic (foot) shapes. Large toe room, super tight waist, good heel grip.... http://aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod_facts.htm try ordering online from Moulded Shoes NY, I think they ship internationally

3. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

Im in the same boat. I find boots are easier to fit and they have less of the creasing on the inside of the shoe. Also insoles are great - I use Superfeet but I've heard Powersteps are good.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  4. MikkelM

MikkelM Active Member

Thanks for the input Nutcracker
    I'm using insoles in my sneakers. But I trying to avoid them in my dress shoes - I find they ruin the breathing benefits of a leather sole. And even though I'm flat footed, I'd have to size up half a size in my experience to fit in an insole - and I'd rather not, seeing my feet are already big by nature and due to the pronation which flatten the feet and extend them even further.