• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Different sizes depending on what your doing?

Bob01

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just curious if you have different sized/width (dress) shoes depending on how much you will be on your feet that day? Most of my dress shoes are 7D, which is fine when I wore them only to work and sitting all day. However, I've noticed when I walk more than 5 blocks continuously, they get tight around the toes and downright uncomfortable if on my feet for extended periods of time. This is leading me to thinking maybe I should be stocking some 7.5D or 7E for the days I think I may be walking around alot?

On a side note, I'm thinking of picking up my first pair of golf shoes (just got ordered some clubs) in the 7.5D size - would this be advisable? - I wear a size 8D in my running shoes, so imagining a half size smaller would be ideal as I wont be pounding my feet?

eightysixed

Reaction score
Just size to allow for any swelling. It's why some say to try shoes on later in the day. Some of my shoes feel just slightly loose first thing in the morning but that goes away with walking. Non issue to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads