• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: C&J or Carmina?

Mac

Reaction score
I'm stuck between my next shoe purchase:

Crockett & Jones Hallam:

40-133-produit_zoom.jpg

or, Carmina Black Punched Captoe Oxford:

carmina-simpson-punchedcaptoe-black-34-16.jpg

While I prefer the styling of the Carmina shoes, how do they compare in quality?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tough one...........can't go wrong either way, and the pricing is almost on par.

Get both!!

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I thought the Hallam would be cheaper

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ I thought the Hallam would be cheaper

from what I understand, the US-dollar equivalent for both would work out to be within $50 or so, after takes, shipping, duties, etc.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Carmina is 487 USD plus shipping. The Hallam is 377 USD including shipping. I am assuming the OP is based in the US

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the Hallams in brown but sold them. I didnt like their shape. I have the Prestwood (same last but a blucher) and I really like it.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with Carmina. Unless you have access to their stores in Paris or Spain, there hasn't been a place to buy online in about 5 years. Not to mention those shoes are awesome.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quality? Sure the quality is there. However, unless you plan to wear these shoes for the next 15 years daily and run them into the ground, I think that either one at this level would not fall apart. Dont concern yourself so much with "quality" - get which one you like looking at better.

Mac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Quality? Sure the quality is there. However, unless you plan to wear these shoes for the next 15 years daily and run them into the ground, I think that either one at this level would not fall apart. Dont concern yourself so much with "quality" - get which one you like looking at better.

Thanks Spoo, that's what I wanted to hear.

Poll added.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a black shoe like this I much prefer the style and last of the Carmina.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads