• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes, boots, etc 8 1/2-9D(+) AE, Alden, BB, David & Joan, Martegani, Moreschi & more

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got to downsize so here are some great deals on some great shoes. For reference I wear a solid 9D in most shoes (AE Park Ave, etc) and any notes on sizing reflect this. All shoes properly stored in trees and are in excellent condition. All prices include continental US shipping. PayPal or check/money order. Inquiries and interest via PM or email: castlesmadeofsandATmail.com Calvin Klein black "street boots" marked 9D but probably closer to 9W or 9 1/2, outsole approx 12" X 4 1/2". Impulse sale buy (orig $380) that I wish fit a little bit better. These are really cool boots that are "clunky" and sleek at the same time...very high quality. Worn once, near new in box. $125, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4, Pic 5 Chippewa brown pebble grain chukka boots 9D. New in box I can't believe I never wore these boots. Less than 1/2 price...$65, Pic 1, Pic 2 Romano Martegani brown 2-tone derbies, 9D (marked 8 on the sole). Purchased from our own Ron RIDER a couple of months ago but I just can't pull these off. Beautiful shoes new in box (with shoe bag). $100, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 Moreschi black semi-brogued medallion captoe marked 9D but closer to 8 1/2. My 9D feet hurt wearing these shoes but it seemed worth the sacrifice at the time. Excellent condition. $50, Pic 1, Pic 2 Paragon vintage brown captoes 9D. Beautiful deep rich cordovan-based brown color. $50, Pic 1, Pic 2 Knapp vintage black pebble grain wingtips 9D. Worn but in excellent condition. $50, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 Cole Haan vintage black penny loafers 9D but fit more like a 9 Narrow or 8 1/2. I can barely get my feet into these so they were worn little. $40, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 Brooks English black patent leather formal tie-ups 9D. Worn but now I have little need. Slight "wrinkling" near tie-up of right shoe that did not show up in pictures (and must be mentioned). $60, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4 Projekt4 brown comfort shoes 9D. Another impulse buy that I never wore. New in box (but I can't seem to find the top). $35, Pic 1, Pic 2 Josef Seibel tan sandals/shoes Eur 43 (9 1/2 D). Awesome sandal shoes just too big for me. Only worn a couple of times (with socks). $40, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 Costume National suede clogs 9D. Super cool clogs that I wore several times about 3 years ago in excellent near-new condition. $60, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 Dr. Martens black sandals marked 9D but fit more like an 8 1/2. New without box. $35, Pic 1, Pic 2 Born brown leather sandals 9D. New in box. $35, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 Oakley black and white Overdrive Golf Shoes marked size 9 but really an 8 1/2. New. $40, Pic 1,Pic 2 Lacrosse winter lace-up boots 9M. 1,000 gram Thinsulate. Nice winter/outdoor boots. New without box. $50, Pic 1, Pic 2

kimchikowboy

Reaction score
"All shoes properly stored in trees"

And now they are ripe for the picken'!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"I've got to downsize so here are some great deals on some great shoes."

So, you're selling about 25 pair of shoes, how many are you keeping?

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E's, Knapps and CH monks have been shipped. Thanks guys!

Also, a fellow SFer has brought to my attention that the Aldens are the older archival lasted versions (outsole dimensions and some new pictures have been added). The Marteganis are stamped 8 on the sole. Both shoes are a solid 9D.

Originally Posted by rnoldh

So, you're selling about 25 pair of shoes, how many are you keeping?

Probably too many or, by some SF standards, not enough. I'm a huge contradiction as far as these things go. By nature I'm a minimalist and hate having things lying around not being used. On the other hand it's hard for me to just get rid of things that are nice...especially if they are high quality and/or unique. Take the Aldens as an example. I've owned these shoes for over 10 years and have had plenty of opportunities to wear them...but I have 2 other pairs of black monks and I just can't bring myself to "ruining" the newness of these. And I also have this weird emotional attachment to things...they bring back "memories"...I can't tell you how many times I've tried to rid myself of the 20+ year tie collection
blush.gif

In the end I guess I'll be cutting my shoe collection in half. Dress shoes especially.

thehoj

Reaction score
Both pairs of David & Joan shoes sold to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads