• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoepassion.de Anybody?

SHS

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this site?

http://www.shoepassion.de/

They have some affordable goodyear welted shoes, and some interesting designs if one likes that. They are probably not the greatest shoes in the world, but I like some of the classic ones.

Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no personal experience with them, but they are discussed on german style forums; consensus seems to be they are okay for the money.

SHS

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I will try them. I like the shape of many of their shoes, and I especially like that they have high quality pictures of their shoes, so you can get a good impression of them.

SHS

Reaction score
They look great! Probably good value for money.

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wrote a review about their No 591 double monk shoe and I think for $230 they are good value for the money.
Apparently, they are launching new models shortly, so stay tuned.
$230 shipped to the US? After VAT discounts or....? I saw the pictures on your site and the shoes look good, at least.

SHS

Reaction score

I wrote a review about their No 591 double monk shoe and I think for $230 they are good value for the money.
Apparently, they are launching new models shortly, so stay tuned.

Le, do you have a picture of yourself wearing them? Straight down from your point of view? I would like to see the shape, especially of the toe.

AchtungBaby07

Reaction score
how do they compare to meermin as it seems to be around the same price range

SHS

Reaction score
Well I never bought them so I can't really say anything, but it would be interesting to hear from le.gentleman how they have held up.

Last edited:

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
Look quite nice - need an affordable pair of boots so these could be a possibility. Want to wait for Meermin's winter collection to come out before I pull the trigger mind.

ravenga

Reaction score
If I don't find anything in the interim, I plan on buying a pair of 591's to get me into the double monk game. Will post detailed pics and review when I get them

dnmtsn

Reaction score
I got a pair of chelsea boots, they arrived just this week. I am considering returning them for the following reasons:
- they are NOT the colour you see on the website. ON screen they are a nice cognac-brown with patina; in reality they are a dull brown/mustard/dirty yellowish kind of colour that is very different to what you see on the website. Still, I may match it with some pants, but:
- the pulling tab broke just as I put them on for the second time! I think this is just ridiculous. I have chelseas for which I paid less than half what I paid for these, which I used for years without the tab showing even the smallest sign that it may ever be breaking. I am not sure how can it be fixed other than undoing the shoe stiching and stitching it back which is beyond the capabilities of my local cobbler, and why the hell should I do it? That thing should not break, period!
- these guys don't respond to e-mails. I sent them two e-mails asking if they shipped my shoes, no reply but the shoes arrived. Then I sent an e-mail about the broken tab, nothing from them after 2 days. I suppose they may be busy with Christmas deliveries, but still...

Luckilly I only tried them in the house so they are unblemished and ready to go back to Deutschland. I keep them on my window sill, I look at them every morning and think what other nice should I could have bought instead... or maybe still can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads