Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoemart - Cordovan Shell Seconds Experience

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by newbiealden, Jan 27, 2012.

1. newbiealden

newbiealden Senior member

All - I have been eyeing a pair of shell boot seconds from the shoemart the whole week.

I tried the seconds previously in chromexcel and was disappointed to find a pretty big scratched (finish was completely torn away).

I know they have a great return policy - but don't want to waste 20 bucks on shipping.

What is your experience with shell seconds? your worst stories would be appreciated - that way i can stop buying shoes!

thanks

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

excellent thread, would read again

3. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

My experience has been posted in the Alden thread, which you should have posted in.

4. gezuz

gezuz Well-Known Member

I bought some black shell plain-toe boots from the seconds at Shoemart and I don't know where the defect is. They are stamped with a 'R' on the sole, but they look great. I don't know if I'd do it again because I might have just gotten lucky, but my experience was great.

5. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

I've got two pairs of cordovan seconds. One had a very slight "slice" near the heel, which shoe mart told me about before I ordered. If I had bought the shoes as "firsts" I would have been unhappy, but as is I found the defect very minor for the price I paid. The other pair I honestly could not figure out what was wrong with them. Perhaps there was a minor ripple? Who knows. They seemed perfect to me despite going over them in great detail.

I also have a pair of calf seconds (99% confident these were Leather Soul Hawaii special makeups) which I again could not figure out what made them seconds.

However, if you are a size 8 please assume that all shoe mart seconds are terrible. You don't want to buy any of them, definitely a bad move. I hear they will deform your feet and repel women.

6. studio253

studio253 Senior member

I just left Shoemart and had a great experience. I picked up two pairs of shoes in shell, actually they're being shipped to me, as well as a shell belt to match the #8 cap toe pair. Sorry I can't be more descriptive but this is not only my first Shoemart experience but my first Alden purchase as well. I've had Allen Edmonds, Alfred Sargent and Crockett & Jones through the years but never anything in shell.