• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoemaker in NYC Recommendations?

Daniel Belzil

Reaction score
I have my own custom wooden lasts made in Northampton and am looking to have my first shoes made from them. Any recommendations for non-brand name shoemakers in and around the City? Thanks!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe all the shoemakers in the US do their own making. Giving them an outside last would be like giving a bespoke tailoring company another cutter's pattern. It would be strange and maybe even a bit insulting.

In the UK, there's a network of outworkers who do work for many of the West End firms. Since they're accustomed to taking lasts from companies and turning them into shoes, you may want to try one of them. However, if the last needs to be adjusted, they will not be able to do that for you.

You can try contacting these two people to see if they might be willing to take this sort of work:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.