• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoelaces for bespoke shoes

Eck

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in need of high quality shoelaces! I live in London so you would think it's the easiest thing to get but I cant find a single shop that has what I am looking for. I am looking for waxed shoe laces such as the ones on high-end bespoke shoes made in Northampton..
Does anyone know where I can find some? Maybe a supplier? Please pm if you want.
Cheers
(and happy new year!)

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eck
Hello,

I am in need of high quality shoelaces! I live in London so you would think it's the easiest thing to get but I cant find a single shop that has what I am looking for. I am looking for waxed shoe laces such as the ones on high-end bespoke shoes made in Northampton..
Does anyone know where I can find some? Maybe a supplier? Please pm if you want.
Cheers
(and happy new year!)

Hello,

any cobbler has shoe laces. And the local (shoe) retailer, too.

Happy new year, too

Eck

Reaction score
i was thinking something in the style/quality of Edward Green/G&G/Lobb shoelaces...they seem to have a huge range of colors whereas cobblers often just have a few shades of brown, black and the odd color.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My man in Alto Adige ships me a freshly minted pair every month. Handmade, of course, from some near extinct animal up there in the mountain ranges. Who cares, though. I get admirable gazes from the ladies: 'nice laces', they quip. 'Giuseppe', I say, 'in Merano'. Game over. PM me for his details.

Eck

Reaction score
Feel free to post his details for everyone to see. I am sure this magical shoelaces would interest everyone greatly. haha

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can actually make you some bespoke shoe laces. I just need to know the color, the length and how you want the ends crimped. For a more modern look, many of my clients are opting for these, known in the trade as "Butt Splices," but don't read too much into the name:

krimpa-seal-splices_lg.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I forgot to add that for best color-matching, I recommend that you cut out a piece of leather from the shoes in question and mail it to me. Just don't do it right at the toe.

ccffm1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eck
i was thinking something in the style/quality of Edward Green/G&G/Lobb shoelaces...they seem to have a huge range of colors whereas cobblers often just have a few shades of brown, black and the odd color.
Wouldn´t it be easiest just to pick them up at EG or JL, then?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ccffm1
Wouldn´t it be easiest to just pick them up at EG or JL, then?

This is not about Easy. It's about Quality. And I've got it. They're pricey, but worth every penny, just like those Lobbs.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even tho I have yet to own a pair of Grenson shoes, I find their flat laces to be the best looking lace offerings. I have called Lobb here in NYC & they told me they do have flat laces but I would have to go to the store to get them.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not if you want a very waxed pair of laces then AE's are not bad.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eck
Feel free to post his details for everyone to see. I am sure this magical shoelaces would interest everyone greatly. haha

On second thoughts, you probably couldn't afford them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics