• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Trees

krspdla

Reaction score
Alright, well are there any key features I should be looking for when looking for a good shoe tree? Anything that'll set them apart? Cause I can't tell the difference between those and the ones I posted besides the price.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones I provided links for are, I think, the best Woodlore have to offer. I think you'd be fine to go with those.

mizugori

Reaction score
like the OP, I am wondering what makes them better than the link he posted (the AE ones.)

Unregistered

Reaction score
Taller vamp, polished knob?

I use ones from here and they work terrific. Perfect for Canadian shoppers with price and shipping.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far the best non-lasted shoe tree I have used is the one made by Rochester. You can get it here http://www.onecedarlane.com/detail.p...&catid=2&sort= They fill out my shoes better and have a full heel - which is essential for me. I have the Epic shoetree and they are great for shoes that it fits but on some of my shoes it doesn't put enough pressure on the side.

malat

Reaction score
Nordstrom trees work for me. $20 ($15 during sales usually)...

JGloger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by malat

My local Nordstroms Rack has them around $13 (10 during a sale). I believe they're "seconds" but the imperfections are very minor (minor discoloring, minute scratches or chips, etc).

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by malat

Nordstrom trees are exactly the same as Allen-Edmonds split-toe (or whatever they're called) tree.

JAB trees are exactly the same as Allen-Edmonds solid-toe trees and are a good buy at their 50% off everything sales.

Woodlore, who makes all these trees, is a wholly owned subsidiary of AE (if somebody hasn't said this already).

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the BB ones with he Brass knobs and hardware (not their cheaper non-brass knobs ones) for no particular reason other than the nice hardware, the full heel, and the overall substantial feel and quality of the wood.

I usually pick up a couple of pairs during one of their sales. For the shoes I don't really care for, I use the lower end department stores ones that I have lying around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads