• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Trees - One better than the other

AlarmGuy79

Reaction score
Does the shoe tree manufacturer really matter?

I have shoe trees from three or four different makers and the deal on shoe trees from Allen Edmonds during the tent sale seems to good to pass up.

So, does it matter? If not, anyone know where I can pick some up for LESS than $17 per pair of trees?

Raralith

Reaction score
Shoe trees are mainly to keep the shape so if it does that, you're set. Some can help with moisture but really, time and a good rotation help much more in that portion than any shoe tree could. For cheap shoe trees, try eBay, Costco, and Nordstrom Rack.

dinogj

Reaction score
i have found that while its not a big differnce, the shoe tree can really have an effect on the shoe.

shoe tress thats dont fill up the shoe as much tend to distort the shape of the shoe. Mostly because they dont round out the heel and end with a point smaller than the counter.

my experince is that the more expencive the shoe tree, the more it fills out the shoe.

the Allen Edmonds shoe trees are pretty snazzy in this respect, but ive found that the shoe trees from norstrom rack work the best per dollar i spend, they fill out the shoe completely, and on sale they go for less than ten bucks (in that respect they really are remarkable)

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woodlore $20.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj

the Allen Edmonds shoe trees are pretty snazzy in this respect, but ive found that the shoe trees from norstrom rack work the best per dollar i spend, they fill out the shoe completely, and on sale they go for less than ten bucks (in that respect they really are remarkable)

agreed. I didn't realize the Woodlore brand from Nordstrom Rack was in fact an AE company. either way, I took advantage of their Father's Day sale and bought a pair of Woodlore shoe trees from the Rack for $10 and I love 'em

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own both Woodlore for AE and Rochester for Syms. I prefer the latter (which was cheaper too) because it is much wider and tends to fill up the shoe and apply preasure to the uppers to remove/prevent creases in the leather.

nbmplano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj

Are the shoe trees at the Rack the same as the Nordstrom regular store trees just without the Nordstrom nameplate on top? They seem fairly similar, but wasn't sure. I love the Nordstrom trees.

S. Paul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbmplano
Are the shoe trees at the Rack the same as the Nordstrom regular store trees just without the Nordstrom nameplate on top? They seem fairly similar, but wasn't sure. I love the Nordstrom trees.

I think the opinions in the past have been that they are the same trees, albeit without the nameplate and, possibly, being a sort of "seconds" for knots in the wood, etc. I have a good number of them from the Rack and they are great, especially if you take a couple minutes to sort through and pick the ones that look the nicest.

SP

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami