• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Trees: How Tight is Too Tight?

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just received a pair of woodlore's "boot trees" in size M (size 7.5-9). I wear size 8.5. Nevertheless, they are significantly tighter than my other shoe trees. They are compressed almost entirely in my shoe and you can tell that they are stretching the boots a little when they are in (slight creasing in the leather against the rear of the shoe).

Should I not use them?

thanks a lot.

osc

Reaction score
+1 if you can put them in without forcing them, it should be fine.

I purchase the Costco shoe trees the other day and I wear an 8.5D. Sure enough, the trees are about 90% compressed and snug, but they are much better since they fill out the toe box and help the shoe retain shape.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firsthairshopvn