• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Trees for Trainers? And maintenance storage?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you keep driver's from Tod's and the like, with shoe trees? Based on my rough calculations, I could have almost bought a pair of discounted Edward Green for the price of the cedar I've accumulated...

Bonus question: Where do people keep their shoe shining gear? I'm currently using an old Nike box, but have a replacement on the way. Once again, suggestions for cleaning up the clutter in my life are appreciated.

pkincy

Reaction score
I have a coffee table that is solid with 4 large drawers. I use one of the drawers for my remotes and one for my shoe shine gear and one for my sewing gear (darned Borrelli shirts are always needing buttons resewn on).

Perry

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Do you keep driver's from Tod's and the like, with shoe trees?
I do. Seem to do better with trees. I keep my shining gear in a EG shoe box. I like the shade of green it has.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I even use shoe trees in some of my sneakers, but I'm a little odd

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It feels therapeutic to admit that I also have shoetrees in a pair of trainers(sneakers). Like a guilty weight lifted off my shoulders!

However, if I buy too many smarter shoes and therefore temporarily run low on trees, the trainers are the first shoe to be swapped out.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.