• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe trees alternatives

Zaos1

Reaction score
hello, recenlty i purchased a pair of Crockett and Jones Edgware oxfords in 6.5 UK from a dealer in my country, my problem is this dealer dont sell shoe trees for size 6.5 UK because this size in uncommon around here :confused2:

i tried to add them a pair of shoe trees from my other shoes but all of them doesnt fit well the shoe, i mean they can be inserted but i can see they are forming a bulge in the vamp and stretch too much the heel... and all the shoe trees from local stores is the same and i am afraid they stretch too much the shoes and they lost her gorgeous shape, so instead i inserted newspaper until the paper take the shape of the shoe.

do you think the newspaper is a good alternative to a shoe tree?? ordering the right C&J shoe tree is not an option for me because i live in a country far away from UK, and is a very very expensive option. i saving money a lot of time for purchasing this awesome and lovely pair. :rotflmao:

edgware 348.jpeg

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think newspaper is a good idea. It will absorb moisture and it will help the shoes keep their shape.

Amazon has shoe trees at good prices. You don’t need expensive J&M shoe trees. The Small size is for size 6-7 shoes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 54 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 107 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%