• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Tree question

IndianaGeo

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased two pairs of shoes--Church's Ryder III's and Darwin loafers. I skipped on the shoe trees when they tried to upsell me thinking I could probably get a better deal on shoe trees somewhere else.

First question: Are shoe trees necessary for loafers?

Second question: I wear a size 9 1/2 UK / 10 1/2 US. It seems some sites say to buy shoe trees UP to the next whole size (i.e. 10), while another I saw said to buy DOWN to the next full size (i.e. 9). So I'm a bit confused here. Any insight is welcomed.

Third question: Where in the U.K. can I purchase (either online or at a brick and mortar store) a decent pair of cedar shoe trees that would fit either or both or the shoes I mentioned above?

Thanks very much.
Rgds,
IndianaGeo

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herring Shoes, £20. I'd size up if I were you.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe trees, you must use shoe trees! Cedar shoe trees, and some cloth shoe bags.

IndianaGeo

Reaction score
Guys,
Thanks for the great advice and sources on shoe trees. I'll have to check out Amazon.co.uk for the Amazon idea. I really didn't want to spent 62 GBP at Church's for these things. Again, thanks.
IndianaGeo

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.