1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Tree Help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Billsy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Billsy

Billsy New Member

Hi,

I've recently decided to upgrade my wardrobe (pretty much starting from scratch!) and so I've bought a few items including a couple of decent pairs of shoes. From articles and posts I've read, shoe trees are recommended so I bought some fairly cheap ones earlier today.

However, I was just worried whether they could damage/stretch the shoe, particularly because of the the handle which I hadn't seen on other shoe trees (see link below). I'm probably overthinking this but I didn't want to damage my new shoes so thought I'd post it here to check.

http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/main/...hoe_Trees/10021819S82/EXECUTIVE_Miscellaneous

I'm a bit annoyed as the company sold me the shoe trees in an incorrect size. I noticed just in time but I assume if you use a shoe tree larger than the actual shoe it may damage the shoe? If so, I'll return them tomorrow and complain a bit as I would have been fairly peeved if they damaged them! Perhaps I'm being OTT.

Also, as a separate point, I've used the search function and people seem to talk about using rubber overshoes to protect your shoes from rain / show. Is this common as I've never seen them where I work? I assume you should use them as otherwise the rain/snow will damage the shoes?

Would be grateful for any help.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012