• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Stretching

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Ok, I just picked up a pair of Allen Edmonds tan bucks for this spring. The sizing on these is 9.5B. I've noticed that they are a bit too tight around the balls of my feet. Could a cobbler stretch these to a C so my feet aren't crushed? I really don't want to part with them.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I defer to more experienced members, but I've been told you can usually stretch one step in width, so a B to a C shouldn't be a problem. I'd say take them to the best shoe guy you can find, and trust him. He's not going to lie to you and ruin a good pair of shoes just to make a few dollars.

amemovox

Reaction score
Great advice about using a good cobbler to do it. I bought a pair of great shoes in my size from a known, respected brand. At the end of the day, my feet screamed!

Just took a bit of time for them to naturally stretch. Perhaps, my feet were swollen for a few weeks. Now, they fit perfectly.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Could a cobbler stretch these to a C so my feet aren't crushed?

They sure could. The difference for a single width is, typically, about a quarter inch in circumference at the ball area. So a small stretch is no problem at all. In fact, if it's just the one spot, let the cobbler know: he/she can put a movable "knob" on the stretcher so only that are gets stretched for the most part.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.