Shoe/Sportcoat/Wallet Damage. No, really, damage.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Douglas, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

My Zanieri sportcoat. Not a tragic loss, but I did like the coat. Note the lack of buttons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You have no idea how long I looked for this wallet. Not this exact wallet, but a plain black wallet that was as conservative as possible on the outside, but with a splash of color on the inside. Probably 3 years. This was going to be the last wallet I ever owned. Not anymore. It is (err, was) a Paul Smith. You can see a few of my mangled CCs, and that two dollar bill has been with me since I was 10. That's 21 years for those who are counting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't have photos of the Johnston and Murphy spectators that were reduced to a pulp.

The culprit:

[​IMG]

2. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

you know what to do......

[​IMG]

3. begadang

begadang Member

You have no idea how long I looked for this wallet. Not this exact wallet, but a plain black wallet that was as conservative as possible on the outside, but with a splash of color on the inside. Probably 3 years. This was going to be the last wallet I ever owned. Not anymore. It is (err, was) a Paul Smith. You can see a few of my mangled CCs, and that two dollar bill has been with me since I was 10. That's 21 years for those who are counting.

[​IMG]

So is the Princeton Charter Club card peeking out from under the Amex a display of "faux modesty" or "outspoken arrogance"? [​IMG]

4. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

at least they wear J&M's [​IMG]

...i was thinking gun shot wound, so your lucky it was on a dog. [​IMG]

on a serious note you could probably get the sportcoat reweaved. Are you in NJ?

5. tlmusic

tlmusic Senior member

Sorry to hear about the loss of those fine clothes. Reminds me of my brother. At a random garage sale he picked up--not one--but two Led Zeppelin promo LP's complete with hand signed typewritten letters to radio stations. For record collectors this is pretty prized stuff, and the book value is over $400 each. So his big dog decided one day to munch on the old record collection. He didn't touch the Styx or Bee Gees records. No, the dog went straight for the Led Zep I and II promos. Each record had a "bite" taken out of it! The covers were also mangled, kind of like your two dollar bill.[​IMG]

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

So is the Princeton Charter Club card peeking out from under the Amex a display of "faux modesty" or "outspoken arrogance"? [​IMG]

HA! A good turnabout.

I'd call it "not thinking about it" but now I'm embarrassed and should probably take another photo.

7. jsherman02

jsherman02 Senior member

My dog only ate my plasma...[​IMG]

8. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

The prospect of puppy damage is one thing that is making me hesitant about getting another dog. Maybe next year when I retire.

My Tosa girl Jessie as a puppy destroyed several pairs of boots and shoes. The shoes were no biggie, but the Red Wing Irish Setters were a sad loss.

I am a bit curious about the circumstances that allowed a small dog to chew up one's wallet.

I have heard of several cases where plastic-framed automatic pistols like Glocks were destroyed by chewing dogs.

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I believe in beatings.

10. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I thought all civilized dog-lovers de-toothed their pets. I highly recommend it

11. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

I thought all civilized dog-lovers de-toothed their pets. I highly recommend it

Yeah, PETA's cool with it too. Pamela Anderson has a necklace made out of dog teeth

12. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

The prospect of puppy damage is one thing that is making me hesitant about getting another dog. Maybe next year when I retire.

My Tosa girl Jessie as a puppy destroyed several pairs of boots and shoes. The shoes were no biggie, but the Red Wing Irish Setters were a sad loss.

I am a bit curious about the circumstances that allowed a small dog to chew up one's wallet.

I have heard of several cases where plastic-framed automatic pistols like Glocks were destroyed by chewing dogs.

This is why I don't want a dog. The RJ cat only slept on and left fur all over the cloth I brought to my tailor.

13. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

yes. On styleforum, cats win.

14. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

If you have pets you have to expect damage. My daughter's St. Bernard chewed the pull tabs off my brand new Blundstone's. I know, no great loss right? But they were a special edition made for the Canadian market only and great in the snow. Over time she then chewed the brim of my best hat; ate a 20 dollar bill; her CKC papers; two loaves of bread my wife left out to cool and most of the cedars and junipers in the back yard. She died of cancer this year at the age of 2 and damn it I miss that dog.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I don't know which is the bigger loss, the wallet or the 2 dollar bill.