• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe sizing help.

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
Hi all. I was at Harry Rosen picking up a new Zegna Roma and threw on a pair of the store's Ferragamos to check the pant hem. They were 9 1/2 E. I currently wear A & E Sohos and Hawthornes both 10 1/2 D.

I would love to buy some of the great deals on B&S but am Leary to do so as each brand seems arbitrary. Knowing what I have listed above what can I do other than buy only A&E 10.5 Ds????

Your help is appreciated.

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
Nobody can help me decipher the sizing code or direct me to a decent reference?

MTLGuy

Reaction score
I suppose I should give you the standard SF answer and tell you to use the search function as there are tons of threads on this topic.... and I suppose I just did.

But since I am nice, I'll also throw in that I wear a 9.5D US and am an 8.5E UK in C&Js.

I'm guessing the 9.5E you tried on is the UK sizing.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because everyone's foot is different unfortunately you need to go thru the process of buying a "sample" shoe in each maker to determine your size. The problem with this process is in order to get the most accurate results the shoe needs to be minimally worn if at all which drives up the price.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.