• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Shopping in Taiwan

boringbear

Reaction score
Goodyear Studio Shoes now Online!

Goodyear Studio seems to be the new name for the RTW shoes collection produced by Turnright Shoes, Taiwan. They now have an online store, offering a wide range of oxfords, derbies, and casuals for men and women. The lineup is very similar to what their sister company Kamioka/Ingenuity in Japan offers, except the ones sold in Taiwan are made in Taiwan instead of Laos (Kamioka/Ingenuity). As some of you may know, Turnright is a major OEM manufacturer for GYW shoes, doing work for a number of Japanese (United Arrows etc..) and American brands (Kent Wang etc...). Their craftsmen were trained by a Norwegian bespoke shoemaker Jan P. Myrhe , and I believe a number of their lasts were designed by him. While Turnright`s previous efforts were almost entirely overseas based, its nice to see them finally setting their foot on the local shoes market.

Goodyear Studio Online Shop
http://www.pinkoi.com/store/goodyearstudio

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/goodyearstudio

A bunch of pictures are available from this Gentry thread
Their shoes are quite nice

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Goodyear Studio Shoes now Online!

Goodyear Studio seems to be the new name for the RTW shoes collection produced by Turnright Shoes, Taiwan. They now have an online store, offering a wide range of oxfords, derbies, and casuals for men and women. The lineup is very similar to what their sister company Kamioka/Ingenuity in Japan offers, except the ones sold in Taiwan are made in Taiwan instead of Laos (Kamioka/Ingenuity). As some of you may know, Turnright is a major OEM manufacturer for GYW shoes, doing work for a number of Japanese (United Arrows etc..) and American brands (Kent Wang etc...). Their craftsmen were trained by a Norwegian bespoke shoemaker Jan P. Myrhe , and I believe a number of their lasts were designed by him. While Turnright`s previous efforts were almost entirely overseas based, its nice to see them finally setting their foot on the local shoes market.

Goodyear Studio Online Shop
http://www.pinkoi.com/store/goodyearstudio

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/goodyearstudio

A bunch of pictures are available from this Gentry thread

Hum, time to support some MIT dress shoes!! But the styles I like does not have my size.

Last edited:

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hum, time to support some MIT dress shoes!! But the styles I like does not have my size.

Yeah sizing is very limited. I think they only made a small run to test the market.

Considering that their parent company makes most of the Sketchers shoes in the world, it`s hard to imagine that Goodyear Studio / Turnright is being tied up with a string budget though...

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah sizing is very limited. I think they only made a small run to test the market.

Considering that their parent company makes most of the Sketchers shoes in the world, it`s hard to imagine that Goodyear Studio / Turnright is being tied up with a string budget though...

Well, that kinda make sense to me after I visited "Essential Elements." The sales there told me that those buyers in TW that has the deep pocket to buy these shoes want something really comfortable and none slippery. I believe most of the shoes that SFers like are really comfortable, but for the non-slippery part, that really depends. And I can only think that these ppl will also want something that's more waterproof?

I think the good shoes market in TW is just really small. I walk around and try to spot people with good shoes, I can't.

Last edited:

Gilatabar

Reaction score
Bumping the life out of this thread to say thanks for this! Visited the Oak Room and John Lobb today (Bellavita mall) and planning to visit all the stores in that list! Taiwanese sales people are way more open and friendly than French ones (for a rather casually But not badly dressed guy at least)

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Bumping the life out of this thread to say thanks for this! Visited the Oak Room and John Lobb today (Bellavita mall) and planning to visit all the stores in that list! Taiwanese sales people are way more open and friendly than French ones (for a rather casually But not badly dressed guy at least)

Thanks! Always great to know when fellow SF members visit us! Hope you visit back again (and please let me know!)

Gilatabar

Reaction score

Thanks! Always great to know when fellow SF members visit us! Hope you visit back again (and please let me know!)

I was actually there this afternoon! Will come back, there were a pair or two that I quite liked and would not hate to have on my feet all day!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads