• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Scuffs - When is Acceptable?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Syl
I'm aim to never buy something that, if damaged, I'd be distraught over.
This. Shoes will get scuffed sooner or later. Whether you catch the toe on something, you take a bad step, or some jackass steps on your feet, you can't protect the shoes forever. So don't buy shoes you can't afford to wear. And by that, I mean don't buy shoes so expensive (relative to your personal budget) that you're afraid to put them on, afraid to leave the house in them, or freak out if they get dinged or scuffed. When dings and scuffs happen -- and they will -- brush or polish the scuffs. Most will go away after a good brushing. Those that don't can be covered by cream and/or wax polish. Those that can't be covered by polish are there to stay, but over time, they will become part of the shoes' "character."

chenc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East Oakland
Indeed. I owned plenty of Doc Matins when I was younger, and there was nothing magical about them that prevented them from being scuffed the same as any other shoe.
Has any of you two (#12 and #13) owned a pair of For Life series? I do. But I guess nothing is literally impossible you must argue the absolute. And maybe I should have said highly unlikely instead of no way.

RoleyAnderson

Reaction score
FYI you CAN protect against scuffs, stains, dirt, and water using SKUFF Protective Coatings - check it out. PM me if you want a sample...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads