1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe scuffed badly

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lomezz, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Lomezz

Lomezz Senior Member

I had the misfortune today of slipping down half a flight of stairs, even though I didn't shine my soles...

Anyway, besides getting a dinner-plate size bruise on my upper hip, which earned me a few weird looks at the swimming pool (yeah, speedo), I managed to scuff the upper of my left shoe REAL bad, I mean parts of it are totally stripped and the leather looks as though it were grated, which it was.

I tried shoe cream with little success. Any thoughts?

2. T4phage

T4phage Distinguished Member

Did the shoe cream (the one in the bottle) colour the scuffed parts? If it did not, keep reapplying or use a sightly darker cream. Afterwards (when the scuffed area is coloured), use wax polish (the tinned stuff) and follow A.Harris' method of "spit shining" . That shoud minimize the damage.

3. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

You could also drop off the shoe at Shoe Service Plus. They've done a pretty reasonable job on some gouges I've put in my shoes on bad days. They use something other than shoe cream -- maybe some dye or something, but it's held up well and looks fine on my shoes.

dan

4. Lomezz

Lomezz Senior Member

Thanks, gents. I tried sevral shades of brown before I got any coverage at all. I think I can get the coloration right, and I will follow T4phage's advice about wax polish maybe it will help hide the scuff marks better.

I this doesn't help - Shoe Service Plus is but a few blocks away... BTW, these are Pelusos which I got on sale. Not the best of shoes, but quite decent, and I wouldn't want them ruined.

5. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

send me a pic of the problem, i might be able to help or add some ideas, chris [email protected]