• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Recommendation

dunga

Reaction score
If I were to wear a tan and brown three piece tweed suit (plaid), light blue or light pink shirt and a blue velvet bowtie, what shoes would you recommend?

I have a nice pair of black gucci bit loafers, but I am thinking I should get a pair of stylish dark brown lace-ups. Suggestions?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't go wrong with Air Jordan 5's..........for that "Dwayne Wayne" look!

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Black loafers would be the last thing I would wear with a brown tweed suit. I think any shade of brown or even burgundy would look much better than black with a brown and tan suit, and I don't think loafers of any color would look good with a 3 piece suit. Just my 2 cents FWIW. As far as suggestions for shoes without actually seeing the suit, I'd go with either a dress boot, something with some broguing (AE Strands in Brown or Walnut, AE MacNeils in pebble grain WalNut), or maybe even a monk strap (Peal & Co for BB brown monk strap is on sale now for $195).

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.