1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mack, Jan 11, 2004.

1. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

$300 - $1350 for in-stock items. (slightly cheaper than EGs I believe)
    20% extra for special orders (your choice of leather and maybe other minor modifications)

I don't own any EGs so I'll let others answer this.

2. Cpal

Cpal Well-Known Member

Thanks - also, anyone know the Cleverley price ranges?  Standard sizes, special/bespoke?

[I continue to be impressed as no matter what the topic, somebody on here seems to know the answer.]

Thanks again.

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

The 180 signature loafers retail for around $450, the 598 and 637 demi-chasse bluchers retail around $600, and the Hunt shoe retails for $1350. I get the idea that most of the calfskin shoes retail for between $600 and $700, but I'm not entirely sure. That makes them slightly less expensive than Edward Green.

The Hunt shoe is hand-welted and has extensive hand stitching on the upper. I think that most of the other shoes are mostly machine-done, as are Edward Green shoes (with the exception of the upper stitching on the split-toe models).

Edward Green shoes have a completely different look and feel from JM Weston shoes, although both are excellent in their own way. EG shoes are more traditional, sleeker, and have a distinctive antique finish. JM Weston are, generally speaking, larger in scale.

4. jcusey

I don't know the price ranges for Cleverley RTW, but the bespoke shoes start at £1350 ex VAT.

5. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by Cpal:
    My one RTW Cleverley cost £ 470 (I asked for a different colour which added some costs), while my bespokes cost an average of £1800 including tax. Originally posted by jcusey:
    Except of course for the Perry designs like jcusey's [​IMG] .

6. jcusey

Edward Green shoes have a completely different look and feel from JM Weston shoes, although both are excellent in their own way. EG shoes are more traditional, sleeker, and have a distinctive antique finish. JM Weston are, generally speaking, larger in scale.
    Except of course for the Perry designs like jcusey's [​IMG] .
    Maybe sleek wasn't the right word. Edward Green shoes look staid and so very, well, English. Perry shoes are indeed sleek, but you'd never say that they look English. Of course, they're not, so maybe the idea of terroir doesn't apply only to wine.

7. jcusey

The shoes arrived today, and I have to say that they're even nicer than the pictures would indicate.
    Congratulations. Can you post pics?
    I finally got a digital camera, so here you go. Please pardon the crappy photography. Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3 Photo 4 Photo 5

8. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Thanks for taking the trouble. Very elegant indeed.

9. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice shoes.
    The Norwegian colony in Texas seem to be doing pretty well. It's all so "I remember Mama" clean.

10. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

I just had to resurrect this 7 year old thread folks.

With all this talk of the possibility of SF going downhill
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=225229

- and all these infant threads about Aldo, Kenneth Cole etc It's important for new members like me to pay tribute to this great forum which like the coveted brands discussed here daily has a rich history.

Thanks SF

11. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

Why? None of the links work and there are no pictures. This isn't particularly enlightening...

12. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Why? None of the links work and there are no pictures. This isn't particularly enlightening...

I'm sorry I didn't realize words hurt your head and that you need pretty pictures, however I accept it would have been better if the links worked.