• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Purchase

savage_here

Reaction score
I know that Antonio Maurizi shoes aren't really highly regarded here. But, I really liked the looks of this pair at DSW, so I picked them up. I'll let you know how they wear.

AM1.jpg

AM2.jpg

savage_here

Reaction score
Not at all. Probably too much considering some of the advice of previous threads. But, like I said, I quite liked the looks of them.

$219.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not bad at that price.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful color. I've been looking for good wing tip brogues and the pair you bought is a classic. Nice purchase.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage_here
I know that Antonio Maurizi shoes aren't really highly regarded here. But, I really liked the looks of this pair at DSW, so I picked them up. I'll let you know how they wear.

AM1.jpg

AM2.jpg

Very, very nice. Great color. And if you bought them at DSW, the price is right.

Congrats, and enjoy them!

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The quality is definitely not as nice as Harris. FWIW, I remember running across these shoes at one of the local FB or DSWs in New York. They looked nicer than the normal fair, so I stopped to take a peek. At discount, I believe $219 Harris shoes are probably a better buy. The uppers on the AM aren't as nice, though the construction looks to be similar if not equal.

Above average toe shape. Nicely balanced last.

Overall, not a screaming deal IMO, but better than almost anything else at $220 retail.

watchingdetails2002

Reaction score
Nice shoes Savage. I have never tried wingtips but those did scream out saying those are nice. Bob

rick lombardo

Reaction score
I saw them in NYC last week also. They were the only pair that stood out at DSW....nicer than all the AE that were there. In my opinion nicer that any AE, but I regress.
None in my size or I may have been tempted, though I think the price was a little steep.
On the Harris subject. What is the forum opinion on this shoe brand? Lots of them at Barney's on sale.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Nice purchase, wear them in health . . .

I recently bought something very similar looking from SOF . . . Cole Haan Collections, though the toe was a little narrower than that.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the style but the uppers do look a little too plasticky from my POV. And please post pics of the soles when posting shoe Appreciation.
smile.gif

savage_here

Reaction score
Apologies for not showing the soles. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow.

As for the uppers, it's just a camera flash issue. The leather is buttery soft and actually was somewhat dull out of the box. I gave them a quick polish before the pictures and probably should have taken more care to reduce the flash glare. To my hand, the leather feels quite nice.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Good looking shoes. What kind of quality are they?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics