1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe pinching the top of the foot

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bic Pentameter, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior Member

I've been suffering from a shoe fiting problem that I never had when I was younger. I've developed blisters, and now callouses, on the top of my right foot.

The toe box on some of the longer nosed shoes is just too long. As a result, the extra leather on the top of the shoe flexes upward to form a convex fold, with the ends of this bubble apparently coming together neatly to catch the skin on the top of my foot and pinch.

This problem doesn't usually manifest itself in the store, but only appears after I have walked several miles in the shoes. It is therefore difficult to determine if a particular shoe will cause this trouble before I buy it.

Aside from finding shoes that have a shorter toe box, does anyone have a solution to this problem for the offending pair in my wardrobe?

I considered trying to train the extra leather to fold downward (paradoxically, into the top of my foot), or attempting to soften/condition the leather. Possible?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Bic

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I'm trying to picture this, but I don't think I'm clear on it. Can you post a pic?

My guess would be, get a shorter shoe, i.e. smaller size and wider width. For the ones that are doing this, conditioning the leather would probably help some. Also, avoid shoes whose construction would make this more likely, esp. captoes - though I'm sure you figured that one out already.