1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Pictorial Index

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Apr 7, 2007.

1. observer

observer Well-Known Member

Such a shame that the image shack issue has made much of this beautiful thread defunct.

Should we have a bash at re-populating it and retire this thread....

Any idea anyone, when we'll be able to access the images again?

2. HarryFlashman

HarryFlashman Member

Is this shell?

WTH is Keaton shoe anyways?

Thanks!

Based on the creasing visible on the back of the heel-view picture, and some of the texture/grain where the wing meets the vamp area, my guess is that it is not shell, but I would certainly defer to others...

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Such a shame that the image shack issue has made much of this beautiful thread defunct.

I know. It's a bummer. I just tried to look through Von Rothbart's EG collection and noticed all of the images are gone. It was a great resource.

4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

I know. It's a bummer. I just tried to look through Von Rothbart's EG collection and noticed all of the images are gone. It was a great resource.

btw, what happened to him?

5. e555

e555 New Member

6. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Based on the creasing visible on the back of the heel-view picture, and some of the texture/grain where the wing meets the vamp area, my guess is that it is not shell, but I would certainly defer to others...

no way in hell are they shell

7. soonerwatch

soonerwatch Member

8. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

9. IwearC&J

IwearC&J Member

Crockett & Jones Made To Order shoes from a local seller in Malmö Sweden, Skomakare Rolf Hansson.
    A must see! Pictures from their Facebook site. Shoes to die for :)
    Especially the Ocean Blue Suede Chelseas!! Aaaargh...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4&l=291e77d204

Their shoes can be bought online aswell......don´t know if outside Sweden dough.

www.skomakaren.se
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Migliore

Migliore Member

Because I liked the idea of a Corthay Pictorial Index, but wanted to ad more than yust pics, I started a Pierre Corthay Tribute Blog yust two weeks ago.

My intentions are to show all possible pictures of models, colours and other trivia.

Of course I've asked permission and Corthay encouraged me to go on!

Please visit:

http://pierrecorthay.blogspot.com

Oh and these are mine!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. LeeReynolds

LeeReynolds Active Member

One of my favorite places to find bargains is the Dillard's clearance center at Fiesta Mall (Mesa, AZ). Today I found a pair of Kenneth Cole Regal Attire Cognac shoes. These normally run about $150. I paid $78 for mine: [​IMG] The only problem with shopping there is that when it comes to things like shoes they tend to have a lot of small sizes. The normal sized shoes tend to go pretty quick. I got lucky in finding these.

12. JoeScram

JoeScram New Member

This has been so helpful you have no idea! Many thanks for whoever took the time to compile this list!!

13. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

This has been so helpful you have no idea! Many thanks for whoever took the time to compile this list!!

+100

14. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Does the Pictorial Index appear anywhere today (2017)? It was a tremendously valuable resource and it is sad to lose it. Sorry for bringing up a 10 year old thread.