• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe photos

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's kind of silly, but one of the things I really liked about the Vass shoes that I finally saw in person was the shoe tree. Never seen a three-piece shoe tree like that, really wonderful.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's kind of silly, but one of the things I really liked about the Vass shoes that I finally saw in person was the shoe tree.  Never seen a three-piece shoe tree like that, really wonderful.
The Vass shoe tree is a shoe tree that really means business.  I love my Vass Budapest shoes.  What a perfect fit.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Are those Vass? They're phenomenal..
Indeed, and thank you.
For a brief second I was fooled into thinking they were your Perry Westons.
confused.gif
What color is this?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Vass shoe tree is a shoe tree that really means business. I love my Vass Budapest shoes. What a perfect fit.
I've never seen anything like the Vass trees. Lobb St. James has some pretty extravagant trees, but their three-piece trees cost nearly £400. And the Budapests are wonderful, too.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For a brief second I was fooled into thinking they were your Perry Westons.
confused.gif
What color is this?
Well, the design is somewhat similar, but the Westons have a split toe and the odd welt treatment and lack the skin-stitching of the Vass shoes. Vass calls the color cognac. A Harris told me that it's between Edward Green's Acorn Antique and Edwardian Antique, and that's probably about right (only without the antiqueing).

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are those Lattanzis, and are those spare heels on top of the box? Pardon my French, but WTF?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed, Silvano's (my friends) and the extra heels are included with the pair, apparently.
confused.gif

rjsphd

Reaction score
Antonio Maurizi--where can you get 'em?

Rob

naturlaut

Reaction score
Hello everybody, Remember my posting on Grenson shoes a year ago? Â They have aged pretty well, here are the pictures:
DSC02635a1.JPG
Comparing stitching on Green (Brampton, 202) and Lobb (Tokyo):
DSC02645a1.JPG
These two Grensons were purchased at the same time, though I wear the Stowe more often, thus the leather looks a little different now (less apparent in photo):
DSC02642a1.JPG
Here are the Stowe a year ago:
GrensonStowe03a1.JPG
Comparing StefanoBi and Antonio Maurizi:
DSC02651a1.JPG
Naturlaut

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The Stowes seem to have a redness to them I don't see in the original. What polish have you used on them? Thanks for posting the before and after pics.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, I especially like the monk strap/double monk strap on the last two black shoes pictured, as well as the monk strap on the brown Grenson's.  The black Lobb slip-on is also great.

What is the rule for monk straps vs. lace-ups?  For some reason I like monk straps a lot better.  For one, you see them less than lace-up shoes and I think it adds a touch of individuality and unique-ness.  I would assume they are not as formal as lace-ups, but are they as casual as slip-on loafers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads