• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe photos - enjoy!

TKDKid

Reaction score
Thought you guys might like this: http://www.oldvic.jp/ Just another online shoe store, but (being Japanese?) it looks like they do their own little "photoshoots" for some of the models (e.g. C&J's Weymouth, Grenson's Stowe, EG's Dover, Church's Consul... + lots more). Wish they'd do this on other online shoe stores - would help loads with choosing shoes. Does anyone know anything about the Balmouir/Balmuir model at the bottom of the C&J section? Â I don't think I've ever seen it before... Â To me at least, it's just another wholecut model, but it's 30% more expensive than the Weymouth, so what's the deal?.? (Not that I even like the shoe, just interested.)

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It says it's a handgrade model, which would account for the higher price (unless the Weymouth is also handgrade.)

It looks new, yes. I don't think Pediwear stocks this one yet.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the site. Great pix of the edward green shoes from many angles...actually, it has me thinking twice about the Fawsley, and started me leaning towards the Chelsea in chestnut antique.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Balmouir/Balmuir model at the bottom of the C&J section? I don't think I've ever seen it before... To me at least, it's just another wholecut model, but it's 30% more expensive than the Weymouth, so what's the deal?.? (Not that I even like the shoe, just interested.)
That particular model is certainly Handgrade: look at the channelled soles and the interior lining. I get the idea that there are a lot of Handgrade models that don't appear on the C&J or Pediwear websites. If you take a look at the translated Souliers.net website, you'll see a number of models that you won't find pictures elsewhere. In any event, I have no explanation for why it would be so much more expensive than the other Handgrade models except to say that that's what the seller thinks the market will bear.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the site. Great pix of the edward green shoes from many angles...actually, it has me thinking twice about the Fawsley, and started me leaning towards the Chelsea in chestnut antique.

Before you toss over the Fawsley - the one pictured is done on the 202 last, and in a small size. Which is to say that it is about as clunky as an Edward Green town shoe gets. On one of the other lasts and in a bigger size it is going to look a lot more elegant. (Not that I'd turn it down on the 202.)

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
TKDKid:

The text claims that the Balmouir model at the bottom of the C&J section is lmited to the Paris C&J store and that it is unavailable in either Japan or the UK.

Bic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads