• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe options for large footed man

PHV

Reaction score
Hi, I have big feet, especially wide feet.

They are about 13s long, and I often have to wear size 16ths in dress shoes (which are inherently narrower than more casual styles) to fit my EEE width feet (maybe even wider).

So basically I always end up having to buy 48s and up (euro size) to accomodate my feet, sometimes going as high as 16s which no one I've seen except Kenneth Cole makes, which are good shoes, but not up to the standard to which I aspire. As a younger growing man I was able to wear Ferragamos, Maglis and Tod's because my feet weren't as big. Now I have a severely limited selection and someone at Harry Rosen in Toronto pointed me towards Allen Edmonds... they have nice dress shoes but I find they have nothing nice for casual purposes, and even then most of their designs are stodgy. I like traditional but I also like something with flair, like what Cole Haan does in casuals.

Edit: I see people here have quite an affinity with Grensons... most of their shoes look unremarkable to me in their designs, though their quality is definately superior to most companies from what I can tell on the website photos. I'm looking for both dress AND casual solutions. Dress I'm not worried about since I can get bespoke Santonis or something like that, even Allen Edmonds, but what I desperately want is a wider selection of casual shoes.

Can people help me out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads