• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe last piracy

Coldcava

Reaction score
When visiting Burgundy last summer, it was surprisingly easy, if you wanted, to walk right into the Romanee Conti vineyard. I wondered what prevented theft of these hallowed grapes. The answer was pretty straightforward.. The grapes are worthless without the Romanee Conti label and AOC seal.

I imagine stealing lasts isn't much more advantageous.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is another superb thread.
Encouraged by its premise, I am going to copy the Eiffel Tower. Photographs of it from nearly every angle, blueprints, and numerous scale models are available at modest cost...even better, free from the Internet.
I'm gonna put France right out of business.

What will you name it? And where will you park it?

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is actually a pretty decent thread, primarily because of the opportunity to learn something, so thanks DWII.

Although one does get the idiots, namely

Do it. You Asians do that **** all the time with everything else. You are no longer innovators or creators (well maybe except for electronics) or even true artisans. You are all copyists. Just sayin.

This is another superb thread.
Encouraged by its premise, I am going to copy the Eiffel Tower. Photographs of it from nearly every angle, blueprints, and numerous scale models are available at modest cost...even better, free from the Internet.
I'm gonna put France right out of business.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:

Top notch!! Haha,,, no smiley could represent my laughing.

Back to shoes,.. it would seem then that the lasts each company has should be a closely guarded secret... They are the key to what makes a certain brand unique, their ability to create a RTW shoe that wears as close to bespoke as could be.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We already have an Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

+1

And BTW, copy or not, AS Handgrade does have some last that looks similar to G&G, which itself looks similar to EG.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Paris Hotel in Las Vegas.

The Las Vegas joke has already been used in this thread.

It seems that you have made a copy of it.

Well done.

If all of us work together like this, this thread can still be a great success.

Last edited:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The grapes are worthless without the Romanee Conti label and AOC seal.

Why not, then, forget the grapes entirely, and simply pirate the Romanee Conti label and AOC seal?

:confused:

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is actually a pretty decent thread, primarily because of the opportunity to learn something, so thanks DWII.

I am honored to be paired with FC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads