• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Help!

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was browzing through the "Mr. Clean" style guide on the menstyle website, and I saw these absurdly gorgeous shoes from Cloak.

Problem: I simply don't have $600.00 to spend on a pair of shoes. My limit would be somewhere around $150-$200.

Can one of you shoe connoisseurs could suggest a similar pair within my price range?

Thanks in advance!

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
ok... Thanks, but ...what are they? LOL. *sorry -- new to shoes* I'm gonna need the company names spelled out for me.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by funk_soul_brother
ok...

Thanks, but ...what are they? LOL.

*sorry -- new to shoes* I'm gonna need the company names spelled out for me.

You'll find the kitonbrioni's posts are usually short and sweet and are rarely informative.

DSW = Direct Shoe Warehouse. Their web site is located at www.dswshoes.com. Hopefully there is one near you, but their stock varies by location.

K&G = K&G Superstore. Their web site is located at www.kgmens.com.

Also, if you are not opposed to wearing used shoes, eBay can be a goldmine. Specifically, look for some Allen-Edmonds (common abbreviation is AE) Park Avenues. They are usually true to size and can be had within your price range if not lower depending on what you can find.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before you decide to buy your next pair of shoes, hang out here at the forum. Read some of the posts about better quality shoes and learn a little about shoe quality and how to save some bucks.

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
thanks mrchapel and mrmonty! haha. funny that the advice comes from two gentlemanly mr's. thanks for those links, mrchapel! i'll definitely have to check them out extensively when i get the chance. i seem to recall reading that name, "Allen Edmonds" in many threads here. they must be popular shoes! i think you're right as well, mr. monty. i should browze more throughout the forums on shoe topics before i buy my *first* pair of nice shoes. solid advice and sincerely taken. thanks

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.9%
  • 31 - 40