Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by funk_soul_brother, Aug 27, 2006.

1. funk_soul_brother

funk_soul_brother Senior member

Hey everyone,

I was browzing through the "Mr. Clean" style guide on the menstyle website, and I saw these absurdly gorgeous shoes from Cloak.

Problem: I simply don't have $600.00 to spend on a pair of shoes. My limit would be somewhere around $150-$200.

Can one of you shoe connoisseurs could suggest a similar pair within my price range?

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

3. funk_soul_brother

ok... Thanks, but ...what are they? LOL. *sorry -- new to shoes* I'm gonna need the company names spelled out for me. [​IMG]

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

ok...

Thanks, but ...what are they? LOL.

*sorry -- new to shoes* I'm gonna need the company names spelled out for me. [​IMG]

You'll find the kitonbrioni's posts are usually short and sweet and are rarely informative.

DSW = Direct Shoe Warehouse. Their web site is located at www.dswshoes.com. Hopefully there is one near you, but their stock varies by location.

K&G = K&G Superstore. Their web site is located at www.kgmens.com.

Also, if you are not opposed to wearing used shoes, eBay can be a goldmine. Specifically, look for some Allen-Edmonds (common abbreviation is AE) Park Avenues. They are usually true to size and can be had within your price range if not lower depending on what you can find.

5. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Before you decide to buy your next pair of shoes, hang out here at the forum. Read some of the posts about better quality shoes and learn a little about shoe quality and how to save some bucks.

6. funk_soul_brother

thanks mrchapel and mrmonty! haha. funny that the advice comes from two gentlemanly mr's. thanks for those links, mrchapel! i'll definitely have to check them out extensively when i get the chance. i seem to recall reading that name, "Allen Edmonds" in many threads here. they must be popular shoes! i think you're right as well, mr. monty. i should browze more throughout the forums on shoe topics before i buy my *first* pair of nice shoes. solid advice and sincerely taken. thanks [​IMG]