Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe help here!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lowclass, Aug 18, 2006.

1. lowclass

lowclass New Member

I need a pair of nice shoes that go well with jeans. I am not looking for anything too outrageous. Casual/Dressy if its possible. I am going to a nice dinner wearing my rinsed gray jeans and a button down shirt, cream with maroon stripes . I just need the damn footwear. I posted pics of my simple outfit. Thanks in advance.

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hion011kn8.jpg

2. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

Chelsea boots. I can't really see the colour of your jeans properly on my screen, but one of these might be good: [​IMG] [​IMG] You could even do suede, if the jeans were a dark blue: [​IMG]

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I need a pair of nice shoes that go well with jeans. I am not looking for anything too outrageous. Casual/Dressy if its possible. I am going to a nice dinner wearing my rinsed gray jeans and a button down shirt, cream with maroon stripes . I just need the damn footwear. I posted pics of my simple outfit. Thanks in advance.

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hion011kn8.jpg

That's not a button-down shirt. The chelsea boots above a good choice but since you are wearing jeans and an untucked shirt, pretty much anything goes, loafers, driving mocs, sneakers....

4. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

I think he meant the shirt buttons down the front (as opposed to a polo or t-shirt) rather than that it has a button-down collar style. [​IMG]

Anyway, as you say, the outfit leaves most possibilities open. Personally, I think a dark brown suede oxford-style shoe or well-worn loafer would be great.