Shoe help here!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lowclass, Aug 18, 2006.

1. lowclass

lowclass New Member

I need a pair of nice shoes that go well with jeans. I am not looking for anything too outrageous. Casual/Dressy if its possible. I am going to a nice dinner wearing my rinsed gray jeans and a button down shirt, cream with maroon stripes . I just need the damn footwear. I posted pics of my simple outfit. Thanks in advance.

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hion011kn8.jpg

2. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

Chelsea boots. I can't really see the colour of your jeans properly on my screen, but one of these might be good: [​IMG] [​IMG] You could even do suede, if the jeans were a dark blue: [​IMG]

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I need a pair of nice shoes that go well with jeans. I am not looking for anything too outrageous. Casual/Dressy if its possible. I am going to a nice dinner wearing my rinsed gray jeans and a button down shirt, cream with maroon stripes . I just need the damn footwear. I posted pics of my simple outfit. Thanks in advance.

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hion011kn8.jpg

That's not a button-down shirt. The chelsea boots above a good choice but since you are wearing jeans and an untucked shirt, pretty much anything goes, loafers, driving mocs, sneakers....

4. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

I think he meant the shirt buttons down the front (as opposed to a polo or t-shirt) rather than that it has a button-down collar style. [​IMG]

Anyway, as you say, the outfit leaves most possibilities open. Personally, I think a dark brown suede oxford-style shoe or well-worn loafer would be great.