• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe help here!

lowclass

Reaction score
I need a pair of nice shoes that go well with jeans. I am not looking for anything too outrageous. Casual/Dressy if its possible. I am going to a nice dinner wearing my rinsed gray jeans and a button down shirt, cream with maroon stripes . I just need the damn footwear. I posted pics of my simple outfit. Thanks in advance.

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hion011kn8.jpg

trogdor

Reaction score
Chelsea boots. I can't really see the colour of your jeans properly on my screen, but one of these might be good:
You could even do suede, if the jeans were a dark blue:

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lowclass
I need a pair of nice shoes that go well with jeans. I am not looking for anything too outrageous. Casual/Dressy if its possible. I am going to a nice dinner wearing my rinsed gray jeans and a button down shirt, cream with maroon stripes . I just need the damn footwear. I posted pics of my simple outfit. Thanks in advance.

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hion011kn8.jpg

That's not a button-down shirt. The chelsea boots above a good choice but since you are wearing jeans and an untucked shirt, pretty much anything goes, loafers, driving mocs, sneakers....

Tuerney1

Reaction score
I think he meant the shirt buttons down the front (as opposed to a polo or t-shirt) rather than that it has a button-down collar style.

Anyway, as you say, the outfit leaves most possibilities open. Personally, I think a dark brown suede oxford-style shoe or well-worn loafer would be great.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.