• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Help - a temporary shoe...

riderx2010

Reaction score
I've been spending far too much time searching for a well made shoe in my size (5.5 US - yes it's small). I decided to buy a temporary shoe (until the ones I like go on sale) and have found the following. I just don't have $300 to spend on a pair of shoes at the moment. I've tried the ebay route as well but no luck as far as dress shoes go. Here is what I found: Are these too square? http://cgi.ebay.com/Vito-Della-Mora-...#ht_2431wt_907 and now I know these will be put down but they would temporary - a few months - so purely looks http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Mens-real-le...#ht_6072wt_907 I'm not really a fan of either but need a pair of shoes that fit. The other option I am thinking of is going with a custom made shoe from Hong Kong - anyone had any experience doing while ordering online? My budget is under $200. If anyone knows of any shoes please let me know.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would choose neither myself, but if you really must choose between the two, get the second pair.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy hell man, a 5.5 us?

were your feet bound?

soxpats

Reaction score
Why don't you call the Allen Edmonds outlet stores and see what they have. Call Freeport store and ask for Edward. You should be able to get something decent for the price of the first ones you posted.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you barefoot right now? Why do you need temporary shoes?

Also, in the greater scheme of things you should look at children's shoes or womens shoes. I presume you are EU 38, this is a pretty common size for women. English makers in particular make very male-style shoes.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much did you think they would go on sale for? I mean right now your willing to pay about a little over $150, for shoes you think will last you a couple months. The santoni's you want are only $400, even if they went half off for $200, you then have to add the cost of your temp shoes to the cost of the santoni making them effectively $350.

might as well just buy the santoni's now and make use of them.

riderx2010

Reaction score
Valid point and I had thought about it before but given that I just spent money on a custom made suit spending an extra $200 is just not within my budget. This whole world is new to me so I'm essentially starting from scratch. Got my hair cut, threw out my entire wardrobe and am doing a lot of research into fashion - this site really helps. I just never thought it would be so difficult to find a pair of shoes in my size. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to go for english shoes in my size that still look like mens.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.