• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe heels: changing height?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought some mahogany-coloured bluchers a while ago. While I love the shoe, I have come to realise the height of the heel is slightly different to my usual 25mm. Is it generally considered acceptable to have the heels lowered? If so, should the change fall within a certain proportion of the overall heel height? It's common to discuss having clothes altered, but shoes in this way?

shoefan

Reaction score
You should not change the height of a shoe's heel; the heel is a specific height in order that the forefoot of the shoe touches the ground at the proper point -- the ball of your foot. A shoe's last is designed to have a particular heel height. If you lower the heel, the forefoot will be touching the ground behind the ball of your foot. In an extreme case this might actually cause injury, and at least I would think it would feel unusual and probably uncomfortable.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.9%
  • 31 - 40