Shoe Fit / Alfred Sargent

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Water4thePool, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Water4thePool

Water4thePool Member

I was seeking a new captoe and I really like the look of the AS Armfields.

However, a question about sizing and fit. In the pairs I have tried, my heel tends to slip up/down slightly no matter what size of these shoes I wear.

Is this common or can anyone explain this? Might the shoes eventually fit me like gloves or should I perhaps just opt for another brand?

Thanks.

2. Water4thePool

Water4thePool Member

Anyone? Shamelessly bumping this.

3. Calibur

Calibur Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with your assessment on the fit and the sliding. I don't have the model you are speaking of, however, I do own several AS pairs, to include the Moore Cap Toe. And while I notice the occasional slide towards the heel area, it has never been much of an issue in my mind as it relates to comfort or fit.

I hope this helps.

4. Lee Ken

Lee Ken Member

I guess you have rather thin heels.

Most asians have thin heels than most white men do.

I have a couple of sargents and I have the same problem. Not as much as you I persume but once my feet get swollen from a couple of walks, I barely notice it. They tend to run a bit large in the heels than other shoes such as CJ, Church's, etc

5. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

Thread's a bit old but I concur with the above assessments. My feet's insteps are also not as high as the shoe, which makes it a tad worse (724 Moore). Thicker socks help but as the shoe expands late in the day, it does feel a little bit more loose. The remaining areas of the shoes however are perfect.