• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe dilemma...Which one of these should I buy for work? Need some more suggestions, more info in po

Duger

Reaction score
Well, I just got my Timberland Abington Classic Leather Boots ($180) and they are too small. Unfortunately, they don't have the size I want and can only offer me a refund so I will gladly return the shoe. album
Honestly, the leather feels like it's not worth the value I paid for.
So, the hunt continues. I'm currently looking for a shoe I can wear at work that has a business casual environment. I read a ton, and it seems that a lot of people here recommend Katahdins, 1000 mile boots, and beckmans. While those boots are great, they look awkward in a more business casual outfit...You'd agree?
So I looked around even more, I stumbled across a few shoes that I really like. However, they are just so expensive...:
Wickham 1000 Mile Brogue Oxford: $295 - pretty damn expensive for me
Bromley 1000 Mile Brogue Oxford: $275 - still quite expensive, lol
Grenson Sharp:$259 - why cant this be more frugal :(
Allen Edmon Dalton: $395 - way too expensive for me
Oxford Brogues from German Langer & Messmer: Don't know anything about these except the fact they are nice as hell
I'm really diggin' the oxfords/wingtips. The designing and color on them is really eloquent and nice. Meermin boots are nice too, just not to sure if I want to deal with the sizing and international shipping....
I'm looking for a shoe that has the following:
1) Quality (I would prefer a rubber sole because it has been raining a **** ton in Texas)
2) Comfort
3) Combination versatility
3) Within my budget
The problem is that being a broke college student, I can't cough up $300 for a pair of shoes. So in all honesty, I think I may be able to pay up to $200...possibly $250 for a pair at the most if I really like it. I would honestly love to pay the lowest amount, hell, if I can find a pair of shoes for $150 that'd be nice.
Now, is there a certain out of that list you guys like in particular that would be a good purchase to make? Is there a more frugal alternative for a shoe you guys can offer? Is there another shoe that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads