1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

shoe dilema

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seanandnik, Jul 9, 2005.

1. seanandnik

seanandnik Senior Member

I have a wedding to go in Florida in the beginning of October. I recently bought a Southwick s/b 100% cotton suit to wear to it. The color of the suit is a black and white houndstooth, but it is a very greyish black and the combo effect of the two colors looks almost like a beige. Herein lies my shoe and shirt problem. I am not going to wear a tie(i know i can almost hear all the gasps) and want to wear a casual shirt. I was in Drinkwaters's (great store by the way, and Gary and his beautiful wife are very helpful/knowledgable) today and I bought a nice casual 100% linen ss beige/ecru shirt from his Drinkwater shirt collection and was wondering if it would match and look alright with my suit ? how about the shortsleeves? and the shoes are going to be either a off white/ecru,beige spectator from johnston&murphy or a nice light brown suede casual hush puppy with a crepe sole I got from Mr. Sids. I am going to try to include pictures of these choices so you guys can help me out. Thanks [​IMG]I tried but cant figure out how to post a pic, sorry

2. arkirshner

arkirshner Well-Known Member

A black/white pattern jacket with a mid tone beige blouse is a known but rare combination in women's wear.  (and for those of you who might snicker, colors are gender nuetral and in combining colors in men's sportswear we can learn a lot from women) I did not find a black/white pattern jacket with ecru
    combination in my admittedly  modest collection of color guides. Of the colors usually found in men's clothing I did find Red, Blue, and cool green tops favorably matched with black/white pattern
    suits.  And what you are putting together when you come down to it is not traditional dress for a wedding but a sportwear outfit.  I leave it to you to put on your suit and try different shirts and see what really works with your skin tone.