1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Those are cut above the best!!. May I ask model and shoemaker?. Thank you.

2. laufer

laufer Senior member

Seriously now I am too considering buying a pair of Alderley in olive green.
    I got to stay off the SF.

3. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

They are Hiro Yanagimachi Bespoke http://instagram.com/hiroyanagi1999

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  4. mimo

mimo Senior member

The kopfest continues...Carmina this time:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

When your Vass arrive; will that be 7 pairs in 2 months? [​IMG]

6. mimo

mimo Senior member

Let's see...one J Fitzpatrick, AE x 2 (one about to be delivered), Carmina x 2 so far, one Meermin, one Dinkelacker...that would be ten when the Vass and second AE show up in the next few days. Then just the other shell AE and the two other Carmina MTOs in January, and the Meermin norvegese shearling hopefully before then. Oh, and I bought a watch this month, too. And a coat. And a couple of ties on the way. And some socks from MCR. So that's where all the money went...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  7. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Thought you got 2 Dinks, dintcha get calf and shell?

8. mimo

mimo Senior member

9. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Stevent, it looks like you have about 10 pair that haven't even been worn! Not to worry....we are the same size! I always seem to arrive late to your party in B&S.

10. mimo

mimo Senior member

10E is good for me, @stevent , and as you can see, I have little self control...

11. chogall

chogall Senior member

First they tell you to buy less in order to pay more for quality. Then the original idea of buying less got thrown out of window completely.

12. mimo

mimo Senior member

Yeah, that would appear to be the situation. What happens in reality is that you just ratchet up the minimum you pay...

Honestly, I started a new job three months ago after some nervous times, so I kind of broke off the leash in joy and relief! I will calm down a bit now. But man, I've got some shoes that are making me happy. :)

1 person likes this.
  13. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Are those cognac calf? Is the photo an accurate representation of its colour?

14. mimo

mimo Senior member

That's in artificial light. In daylight, they're brighter.

It's a wonderful colour. I'm excited looking at my own feet.

15. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Well, I had this in mind when I first started curating (or hoarding, whatever) shüüs, but before I could write about the finer points I had to learn as much about fine footwear as I could. This meant buying as many used pairs from as many makers as I could because trying a pair on in store is different from owning one. Now that my range (or collection, whatevs) has much, I can be more picky and I truly know what I want. I call it shuzen. I hope others will find the same path and invest instead of hoarding. It took about a hundred pairs in total for me, but I feel wiser today.

16. mimo

mimo Senior member

I'm nowhere near a hundred. I feel better now.

17. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Most be a Niner thing to have shoes! I have to say though my collection is not as "comprehensive" as yours. I'm under 40 right now but I think after all the in-production shoes come in, I'll be at that nice round number. Funny, 25 was what I initially thought for a reasonable collection. If I go by age, my collection is more in-line with that number. :D

18. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Mimo, I had a total shoe collection clearout about two years ago when I lurked on SF under a different username. I remember reading somewhere about an Italian count whose shoe collection counted 250 -- all from John Lobb Ltd., so my passion is small-time dabbling still.

19. stevent

stevent Senior member

I'm 24 so at this rate it's crazy. We still need to do the 49ers EG boot although no more GMTO so not sure how that will happen

If only Barneys didn't put the Alden Indy on sale so cheap never would have gotten into shoes

Good points as I definitely got a bunch to just try out and handle, limited access to see shoes in person with LSBH gone. More picky now but wouldn't say I really know what I want yet.

Still haven't really decided what exactly will probably get stuff listed after Thanksgiving.

20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar ct boot, argyles otc

2 people like this.