• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will these be slippery?
a5fb78fe_il_fullxfull.271142615.jpeg

Definitely more slippery than regular rubber sole heels but really not bad at all compare to V-cleats. As long as you dont walk only on polished marble stone floors.

nice shoes.
don't know why they'd be any more slippery than any other leather soled shoe.
you can go out on any rough sidewalk, put your foot down firmly, and twist a few times if they are.

Heel nails...

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me know how the Loakes compare, quality wise.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Too pointy for his (changed) taste and (half?) a size too big.
Always the fashionista :tounge:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What happened to Tetsbury?   They already old enough to be ir-repairable?

This:

^ Too pointy for his (changed) taste and (half?) a size too big.
Always the fashionista :tounge:

Their condition is fine ->

Operation Tetbury

R21j8.jpg

rNV0t.jpg

eieuE.jpg

XUiMk.jpg

iiTMK.jpg

Now wait untill they're dry...

– I brushed the shoes to get rid of dust and dirt. I also cleaned the soles with an old brush.

– I put some of the suede shampoo (the small bottle in the pic) in a bowl of water (let's say 1:10 ratio shampoo/water)

– I rinsed the shoes under a running tap (lukewarm); made them real wet (while trying to keep the inside of the shoe dry)

– I took the yellow side of the spunge (not the scratchy green side), dipped it in the bowl with shampoo/water and 'brushed' the whole shoe

– I left it with the shampoo on for a few minutes

– Then I rinsed the shoe under a running tap to remove the soap

– Then I repeated the process and gave the laces a litte rinse in the bowl

– After that, I put newspapers inside the shoe to get the inside dry

– I left the paper in for an hour or so and then put the shoe trees back in

Now, I'll leave them to dry for a day or so (don't know how long it will take). If they're dry tomorrow, I'll give them a brush
(I use a regular shoe brush, the one you see in the first picture, not a suede brush) and then spray them with Saphir Super
Invulner spray (the black spray can). After that, I'll apply Saphir Rénovateur to the sole edges and the soles themselves.
I leave that to dry for say half an hour. If the edges need some colour, I'll use a medium brown Saphir crème to touch
up the colour. I might do part of the sole as well. I'll leave that to dry, and give it a brush for a nice finish.

That's about it, I think.

Rénavateur applied on the sole edges:
QwmkQ.jpg

The suede still feels a bit damp, so I'm going to let it dry some more.
Also did the soles:

nOPUS.jpg

Added some brown wax on to finish the sole edges:

aDj4X.jpg

What's left to do: brush and spray (when the leather is completely dry.

opGLL.jpg

vmc3Q.jpg

kypKI.jpg

kqZKU.jpg

qcAeZ.jpg

RRQsM.jpg

ZpiYO.jpg

Fiddler

Reaction score
Not sure whether all of these qualify for this thread but here goes:

This is my current rotation:
Oxfords
Derbies
Loafers
Monks
Boots

Cool...I like a collection that gets worn....was wondering what's the make of your shoe trees and what they cost, they dont look like the usual designer stuff with crazy prices..there's no way Im paying 60Euros for what is basically, wood.

SHS

Reaction score

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD - nice new boots! Wear them well. How would you compare the fit to the Tetbury? I recall the Tetbury being quite narrow. Are these Loakes also on the narrow side fit-wise? They look noticeably wider in the photos.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool...I like a collection that gets worn....was wondering what's the make of your shoe trees and what they cost, they dont look like the usual designer stuff with crazy prices..there's no way Im paying 60Euros for what is basically, wood.

All but one are Woodlore which I bought from Endless.com which is now Amazon or from Sierra Trading Post. The remaining one is from Jones The Bootmaker from when I lived in England in the 90s
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads