1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Love the pic! Is that a denial coworker with those bally?

2. wurger

wurger Senior member

it's my missus.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thats fantastic. on an aside bally makes some great looking shoes. i wouldnt wear them over vass but I would compliment the shit out of someone who did

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

You are a lucky guy!!

1 person likes this.
  5. wurger

wurger Senior member

thanks guys, we are lucky to have each other. :happy:

1 person likes this.
  6. meister

meister Senior member

I was sorely tempted to buy that pair on sale but it was still at AUD400 after discount. The blue version was also nice.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  7. wurger

wurger Senior member

Everything is overpriced here, even with 40% off! but it's hard to nail down on her female size online.

8. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Are the shining duties shared? Not in the Cleav household, I'm afraid though I have to say I enjoy doing it.

9. wurger

wurger Senior member

Same here, I shine her shines. :)

She helps occasionally.

10. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Cross-post from the Justin Fitzpatrick thread. I was finally able to make it up to Leatherfoot yesterday and collect my first pair of JF shoes; [​IMG] [​IMG] Model: Windemere Last:: MGF Colour: Mocha (NB - Justin says these came out a bit darker than standard. The shoes shown on his web site likely reflect the standard colour more accurately: http://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/products/windermere-mocha-box-calf ) First off, the fit is superb. This isn't surprising, as I had the opportunity to be fit by Justin himself when he attended the Leatherfoot trunk show some months ago. The last is very handsome, IMO - a nicely chiseled toe box, and overall slender, sleek shape that stops short of looking delicate. I added a pair of Justin's plastic travel shoe trees which are adjustable and absolutely feather weight - they will serve very well in their intended role. Out of the box comfort is superb and overall quality initial impressions are very good indeed. The colour and style should prove to be very versatile and I am sure that I will enjoy having these are part of the rotation. Thanks Justin!

7 people like this.
  11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Fun pics! Mrs. D. (well, technically Dr. D.) has no affinity for nice shoes; luckily, she accepts my armada of footwear.

RP, great support for one of the SF members (and bloggers). The shoes look great.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  12. meister

meister Senior member

Back to the future day

J&M Handmade spades from late 1930s:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

This kind of hand workmanship is rare today.

14. sstomcat

sstomcat Senior member

True, is in the rarity but this style is not for everyone.

15. isshinryu101

I have to respectfully disagree. It is a basic oxford wingtip. Only the spade shape of the sole is unique, and this isn't an "extreme spade" by any stretch.

Bestetti and Saint Crispins are using spade points on the soles of their shoes more and more today. Put one of their labels on this pair and we would have a page of compliments.

16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:I'll have to respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. ;-) "This style is not for everyone" is likely a fair - and almost certainly accurate - comment in respect of any shoe you care to name. After all, there is no one shoe that all will proclaim to be to their personal taste. As for aesthetics, the spade sole may not be extreme but it is vertainly visible and decidedly different. It's not hard for me to imagine that some would find it off-putting even though I do not. Heck, we have guys here who claim that a Topy outsole utterly ruins the aesthetics of a shoe - and those are barely visible at all. Anyway - very nice pair of shoes.

2 people like this.
  17. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Well, is there a negative comment about EG, G&G or St.C. shoes anywhere on SF's several shuu threads? I cannot remember one but I'm certain there's a few to go around. Autocompliments sometimes make me cringe.

2 people like this.
  18. isshinryu101

Well said, my friend.

1 person likes this.
  19. meister

meister Senior member

I love you mate...in the shoe tragic sense of the Brotherhood of St Crispin.

1 person likes this.
  20. meister

meister Senior member

One of the best vintage shoes I have bought in the last 12 months is this set of Velveteez woven Adelaides. They seem from the last and white stitching to be late 40s/early 1950s but what marks them out is they are the best and most complex set of woven summer shoes I have ever seen on eBay. Obviously made in a factory - nevertheless the handiwork in preparing the woven parts is amazing. The intricate punching and thought that has gone into their manufacture is amazingly skilful. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.