• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1rf3ti.jpg

cigar wt boot
argyles otc
2uomnly.jpg

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10mtoq1.jpg

ravello wt boot
argyles otc
2yvksjr.jpg

Last edited:

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
such an awesome boot. the stormwelt sets them off

joshuadowen

Reaction score
Need some advice:

About 8 months ago, I ordered some MTO EG Shannon's from Leather Soul in Beverly Hills. I ordered them in Midnight Blue, with a Navy suede shaft. The shoes just arrived, and although the box says they are Midnight Blue with Navy Suede, the suede is most definitely black. Now I know that in the right light, navy can be mistaken for black, but I'm almost positive these are black.

In this photo, the socks sticking out of the boot in the foreground are black, and the socks sticking out of the boot in the background are navy. Does anyone here have any experience ordering navy suede from EG? Is there any chance I'm wrong here? I'd love a second opinion before I make a big stink.

NotHere

Reaction score
double monks in duo tone, might be bit on gaudy side for some.

and yes they look bit wide as my feet are wide.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need some advice:

About 8 months ago, I ordered some MTO EG Shannon's from Leather Soul in Beverly Hills. I ordered them in Midnight Blue, with a Navy suede shaft. The shoes just arrived, and although the box says they are Midnight Blue with Navy Suede, the suede is most definitely black. Now I know that in the right light, navy can be mistaken for black, but I'm almost positive these are black. 

In this photo, the socks sticking out of the boot in the foreground are black, and the socks sticking out of the boot in the background are navy. Does anyone here have any experience ordering navy suede from EG? Is there any chance I'm wrong here? I'd love a second opinion before I make a big stink.

Looks black to me.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need some advice:

Looks black. But don't start by making a big stink. Start by making a polite but firm statement that they are not as ordered, that you need them replaced, and that you have a deadline.

Leather soul and EG are pretty likely to do whatever it takes to make you happy. Tell them exactly what your situation is and let them propose a solution that works for you.

Of course, if they don't propose a solution that is satisfactory to you then you should raise a stink!

Under normal circumstances they would offer to remake them and even offer to move them to the front of the queue. But your definite deadline of wedding date is where the bugaboo may be.

BTW - when did you receive that photo? You probably should have noticed this problem then.

As I recall your wedding is outdoors, on a farm of some sort? Are you that guy?

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Need some advice:
Looks black. But don't start by making a big stink.

Listen to the G-man. There seem to be a few factors in this equation:

1. you got partially the wrong colour

2. you have a limited time to deal with it

3. you have a load of other things to think about apart from shoes

I think what you have to ask yourself is "what do I want?" Is it for LS to take these back, and provide you with a replacement. Or is it to get some acknowledgement that there is a problem, live with the change, and get some other kind of compensation instead? Considering your circumstances, I'm thinking maybe you're best off aiming for the latter.

Like the G said, tearing someone a new one isn't necessarily helpful. Always keep your cool, and avoid the transition from "customer we need to help" to "customer we want to avoid". I would suggest you speak to LS along the following lines*:

- Hello, I ordered these MTM boots, and they're beautiful, but they're not what I ordered.
- I ordered them to be on time for my wedding, so kind of a big deal, and it means I have a really short time to put this right
- If I send them back, will I get the replacement in time? If not, then I don't want to be stuck without shoes
- And if I don't have time to replace them in time for my big day, what kind of recompense can you offer me instead?
- The thing is, if I send them back, they are a one-off oddity that are going to get sold as clearance through some outlet, at cost price. No loss to me, although you still have to get me a new pair that matches my original order, and work out whether it's your fault or EG's
- But if you'd like to give them to me at clearance price, and maybe give me a voucher for discount on my next pair too, I will amend my wedding colour scheme and suck it up, you will not have to replace my shoes, and I will cease to be an unhappy customer and be a returning customer, and also evangelise on StyleForum about your excellent customer focus
- If that's not possible, then I'll take a replacement please, wear ironic flip flops at the wedding, enjoy my new shoes when they finally arrive, and call you a bunch of useless and unhelpful motherfuckers on StyleForum instead

*(I do not accept any liability for loss of shoes or dignity, or for any litigation resulting from attempted compliance with the suggestions above - please seek legal and personal advice from qualified people and not strangers online who wear shark shoes and have just fired two separate tailors in one evening in a fit of pique)

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
A very modest acquisition, arrived today. Alfred Sargent, clearance price, filling the gap left by some old Loakes I killed with a patina "experiment" over the summer:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current shell rotation (minus Meermin Cuero Double Monks):
8109612946_1d45819a64_b.jpg

Boots:
8109613838_6e27ff6a3b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads