• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pikachoo

Reaction score
16607785bd4231aaf2bcac65f991c59fd197317e.jpg

16607861c472c85b0dac9c9e036cf1e98fe76ed0.jpg

Last edited:

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
What a mark-up! It takes the piss. And more so when they refuse to tell you who makes the shoes.

I'm always wary of made-for shoes. In most cases, you're going to pay more for a pair you could easily get elsewhere. For example, W.S. Foster's EG line is in the region of £725. Go into EG next door, I say.

Last edited:

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
The mark-up is absurd.

I think N&L use Cheaney's lower-line - i.e. boots £399, now £299; shoes - £369, now £269.

Given that Cheaney retail at around £300, that's a big drop. It isn't of course if they are made from Cheaney's mid £200 range.

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a mark-up! It takes the piss. And more so when they refuse to tell you who makes the shoes.
I'm always wary of made-for shoes. In most cases, you're going to pay more for a pair you could easily get elsewhere. For example, W.S. Foster's EG line is in the region of £725. Go into EG next door, I say.

Shipton & Heneage is a nice exception.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Posting a pic of your new JL's is showing off (although, admittedly, that is what this thread is for). But posting three new pairs at once, that's like biting the head off a baby. On TV. Naked.

Great shoes though. :)

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Pikachoo: beautiful, original boots. Shell? What last is that, by the way?

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I've been fantasising about commissioning some shell boots, probably from Vass, for ages...this is timely inspiration! Now to earn the money...weekend is over! "Saddle" isn't on their standard list of colours for shell, at least not on their website; any idea what else they have? I won't be vulgar and ask you what they cost, but could you talk us through the details of your order? If you don't mind, of course, feel free to tell me to mind my own business!

Southern

Reaction score

Yes I know about Herring Shoes, but the model I like, The Lancaster, was not on sale, at least not in my size. Amazingly it was on yoox.

I ordered the Lancaster from Yoox a few weeks ago for $298. Brownish calf. It was awful corrected grain leather so I sent them back. Plasticky yuck! Hope yours are different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics