Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Thanks @ Sri and Toni H. for the shoe love. They are Cordwainer shoes, deadstock from some time long ago. I like them for their unusual squared off/chiseled last. Reminds me of a Cleverley a bit.

As for Sterling - I have no beef with him. A while ago we jarred a bit and then, I thought, we came to a mutual agreement to not take silly pot-shots at one another. Apparently, I was mistaken.

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

he's not a bad guy - he's a bit of fritzl's lapdog since operation paprika began, but so what?

oops, no

he's partner in the project and he wasn't there when it began...

thanks

3. Ged

Ged Well-Known Member

CJ Handgrade Savile Black
    The 337 in 8E fits my stupidly wide foot quite nicely
    My first CJ HG and I'm quite happy to put them alongside my EGs and GGs. Quite impressed.
    Hmmm just checked the photos - they look a little more elegant and elongated IRL. Even my wife said "wow, they make your feet look normal"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sander

Sander Senior member

^ Agreed, sterling's an asshole.

I can assure you that he's not.

5. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Something new I got in. I can't decide if I'm keeping them. If not, they may be in the B&S tomorrow. I haven't decided if I'll wear them yet. I have another pair of double monk caps that I would likely choose over these, so . . . I'll let you drool over them for a day before I decide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Something new I got in. I can't decide if I'm keeping them. If not, they may be in the B&S tomorrow. I haven't decided if I'll wear them yet. I have another pair of double monk caps that I would likely choose over these, so . . . I'll let you drool over them for a day before I decide.

Post the alternatives too - they better be pretty good to beat EGs.

7. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

[​IMG]

Noice

8. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Post the alternatives too - they better be pretty good to beat EGs.

The suedes aren't actually EGs, but the alternatives are:

[​IMG]

9. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

The suedes aren't actually EGs, but the alternatives are:
    I like EG, but I like the suede you've posted more. Can you get the EGs in suede not scotch?

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

The only thing better about the EGs are the buckles. Aside from that, I find them pretty meh. Otoh, the suede Stuart's Choice are pretty damn nice. rebel, if you don't have any other suede in your rotation, you should consider keeping these.

12. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

13. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

No, don't try to cover what you said. It was mean and you did that knowingly. As I mentioned earlier, this is not the first time you are doing this. It is one thing to point out mistakes and/or differences in taste, but if you want to be a jerk, be prepared for the hate you will receive.

Thanks, just saw your PM - was out of the country for a bit on work-related stuff.

^ Agreed, sterling's an asshole.
    I would agree with this, he definitely is one rude asshole, this Mr. Gillette.

Btw, I am glad that we don't try to excuse his rudeness by taking into consideration his non-native (read: bad, as Germans tend to be in general) English.

14. srivats

srivats Senior member

I would agree with this, he definitely is one rude asshole, this Mr. Gillette.

Btw, I am glad that we don't try to excuse his rudeness by taking into consideration his non-native (read: bad, as Germans tend to be in general) English.

Your attempt to cover up sickens me.

I don't see your "non-nativeness" showing in your posts except when you are taunting a fellow member. For example, I remember your posts on the paprika thread where you answered apropos/Clint with great clarity. Do you want me to post some examples here?

If you want to be respected, think about what you have written in your post before you press that 'submit' button.

Those suede monks are really awesome!

15. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

[​IMG]

Love the overall shoe but perhaps those buckles could be swapped out for something sleeker?