• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously, i don't even think i should gratify you with a response but:
1. He never links to his sales thread that i've seen.
My point: You haven't seen any because he's circumventing the rules and using this thread as advertisement. Free advertisement.
2. Members here actually like to see his amazing shoes.
Yes, some of the shoes look decent but mainly the members who either like seeing movement in this thread at any cost or are interested in buying shoes from him (read, broke members).
3. I don't really understand the problem you have with him, but is it something to do with his (justified) judgements on the brands that you so revere?
No, like I have said all along, this is the shoe pron thread, not the century old, crusty, moldy and outdated shoe thread. He consistently tries to compare the monstrosities he posts to G&G because G&G has taken a Deco route. But he is sadly mistaken IMHO.
Either way, f***ing grow up man.
This is not kindergarten.

My replies in bold. We keep this thread until we purchase new shoes that are pron pic worthy. Otherwise, just wait until someone else does. Not for the crap he poasts. He can start his own thread for that. Like the AE Appreciation thread. Keep it in there. How many AEs do you see in here?

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Settle down chil'dren!!!

Chef%20angry%20mad%20cook%20south%20park-thumb.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note here.

I have been a gentleman on SF from day 1. I have NEVER tried to sell ANYTHING, except for on the B&S, and that was before the new format, which I can't stand. People DO contact ME on occasion (UNSOLICITED) and ask if I can help them find specific styles and sizes of Vintage shoes. Sometimes I help them.

On the Shoe Appreciation thread, I have been STEADILY ATTACKED by a member here. If one were to look over the last couple of months worth of threads, they would see that all I do is RESPOND. I NEVER criticized this member and even COMPLIMENTED some of his postings. He, however, has become obsessed with me (it is making my wife VERY uncomfortable I might add).

I believe his current frustration comes from the fact that:

1) I will respond and NOT back down when he is disrespectful to me

AND

2) He is not really Smart enough to have either an intelligent debate with me (which he made a fool of himself in already)

AND

3) He is not Clever enough to best me in any Battle of Words (written, spoken, or typed).

Each time he starts a problem, he looks more and more paranoid and foolish. Having been soundly beaten, he refuses to stop... like that crazy stray dog that keeps humping your leg. I REALLY would like him to stop and for this to end. However, I will NOT have him be blatantly disrespectful and stand idle while he does his "4-year-old-on-the-playground" thing. Hopefully a friend of his will make him realize that my posts are really not harmful. Not even that often (less than 1 a week on average... there aren't THAT many unique Vintage Shoes). AND, easily ignored and skipped over if he can dig up even a modicum of self control.

"Serenity Now!" George Costanza

Last edited:

jaihoo

Reaction score
My new Gravati captoes got 'MADE' today ;( Any expert advice on how to those fill those trenches (scuffs)?

meanwhile I m just thinking of polishing in the direction of the scuffs - against them will open the scars - or should I just abandon them?

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My new Gravati captoes got 'MADE' today ;( Any expert advice on how to those fill those trenches (scuffs)?

meanwhile I m just thinking of polishing in the direction of the scuffs - against them will open the scars - or should I just abandon them?

CREAM polish is your friend! Condition one time, then just get to work with that black CREAM polish. In time, they will be perfect. After only 2 layers, they'll look great. Congrats.

PS: don't worry about direction. You don't want pieces of loose leather hanging. Just work that leather like they did in the OLD DAYS!

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CREAM polish is your friend! Condition one time, then just get to work with that black CREAM polish. In time, they will be perfect. After only 2 layers, they'll look great. Congrats.
PS: don't worry about direction, based on what i see on the pic. You don't want pieces of loose leather hanging. Just work that leather like they did in the OLD DAYS!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hold up a sec, he brings up an interesting point... Has anyone bough shoes from this guy? also i do see all of these "old" shoes from who knows where and if in fact he is using SF to promote himself in a shady way then maybe he should be reported.
currently until proven otherwise it seems like Nore is correct

I recently purchased a pair of EG Windsors from Isshi - absolutely pristine condition, maybe worn once. At what I would consider an amazing price. I'm not sure what you meant by shady, but as far as my interaction with him went, it was anything but.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads