1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. mimo

mimo Senior member

Second or not, that's a nice-looking pair of shoes. It's a pity if the quality control has slipped these days, but I'm very happy with my post-Prada Church's so far. A bit of TLC and a solid pair of trees, and I'm sure these will turn out to be a good buy for you. It was certainly a good price.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

A bit more subdued than many of Maurizi's offerings... which is a Good Thing (IMO)! Congrats, look very nice.

3. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

I agree, they do look like pretty nice shoes. That issue on the side of the shoe looks like an improper lasting issue to me. Welt stitched to upper was just a bit off. Shouldn't cause any real problems, though. Congrats.

2 people like this.
  4. SHS

SHS Senior member

Thank you guys. I feel like I can't send them back again. :)

5. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Then they would be the EG Galway, which I would love to get. Hopefully Leffot stocks my size this season.

6. goodlensboy

goodlensboy Senior member

2 people like this.
  7. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

several years ago Marshall's had many of these in this color and some in black on sale for less than $70. I wish I had brought at least one pair:(

8. SHS

SHS Senior member

Answer from Church's regarding the model "Auckland":

"This style was produced over the 73 last in the late 1990s, it is now discontinnnued. We have a similar styles called Lancaster, you can see this on the web site under ‘Heavy Soles’."

My shoes are old!

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Received my JL Brooklands today...Crappy photos, great boots. X-post

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. meister

meister Senior member

Cape Buck = good.

Milan = Prada era = bad/not Church traditional quality.

11. SHS

SHS Senior member

Hmm. I am getting a bad vibe with the shoes apparently more than a decade old too. I haven't decided what to do yet...

12. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Are the shoes too formal for everyday use at high school? I dress usually in OCBDs, cardigans, crewnecks in cotton, jeans, chinos and corduroy pants.

13. Son Of Saphir

Son Of Saphir Senior member

14. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

good enough, but the maker (Sanders) sells a variety of shoes at almost half a price though none exactly the same with this particular design- you might want to check it out

15. mimo

mimo Senior member

No, they're not too formal, but Kashmir is right: they're unnecessarily expensive. Judging by your other stated sizes, you're still growing too - this is ridiculous for a pair you might not fit in a year's time.

Normally I'd suggest buying shoes from a more traditional shoemaker for quality, especially in this price range. And if your feet are fully grown, that's what you should do: you can get great shoes from Cheaney or Barker for less than this, or Church's or Tricker's in the sales. Take a look at discounted Grensons too - made in India at the cheaper end, but still properly welted etc. You can find clearance shoes from them for £100 now and then, in trendy chunky styles and interesting colours.

If your feet are still growing, though, then enjoy the frivolity of youth: buy something for under £50 that will last you six months by which time you'll be bored of it even if it isn't already too small.

1 person likes this.
  16. pikachoo

pikachoo Senior member

better pics as promised!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I don't think one's feet grows after a certain period, a pair of C&J brought 5 years ago, when I was in GCSE, still fits well now.
    Even if you don't like it, make sure you treat it well all the time so it could be sold at a reasonable price.

18. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Beautiful pics!

19. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Damn, Vass knows their cordovans very well. Great boots, pika.

20. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Vass boots look great