• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice shoes, great collection, but -10 points for not lining up the center of the circle with the tile.

hehe, I've seen many nice circles here, I just don't know how to do it. Anyway, brown circle
_IGP9454.jpg

_IGP9452.jpg
[/quote]

Dub monk top right is Sargents?

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

THERE ARE A STAGGERING 38.947 BRASS NAILS IN THESE SHOES. WOW!!!

I wonder, who counted those brass nails down to the last one and why is it an uneven number?
Is it an error or a design-feature, that one shoe has one more pin than the other one?

pic only shows one shoe. the other may have a different design and thus different count.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before Florsheim went nuts with the Longwing Gunboat design (and the Goodyear Welting process in it's manufacture), they were quite fond of this design. A bit more full in the forefoot area and a more narrow waist.

1950's Florsheim Suede Spectators

IMG_4365.jpg

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

Last edited:

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rikod - Awesome stuff! What last is the Vass burgundy pebble grain blucher? Is it 3636? If so how do you find it fits compared to F and P2? Thanks!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you!, it's the new peter last, never tried the 3636 last but I really like it in pictures.

it's a great last. very authentic.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, I would love a black Alt Wien or Theresianer in the 3636 last, but I worry about the fit. the P2 is a perfect fit and like slewfoot, I would like to know how the 3636 compares to the P2 or F.

the 3636 is definitely a tad wider in the forepart(toe box) than peter, p2 or f. i have a theory that vass compensates the width with their different lasts. imo, it's quite obvious when you see comparison shots. after all, it's just a theory and not proven.

clouser

Reaction score
I am looking for some shoe advice from you experts because I have no idea what I am doing. I have purchased my first quality suit that did not come from a department store, and am trying to to find a good shoe paring. The suit is a Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald saxxon in navy, seen here.

Going based on reading and the various FAQ's, I should be looking for a warm but dark brown oxford. Everything I am finding is either cheap junk or way out of my price range, until I found this Bruno Magli on a crazy clearance, marked down from $425 to $90. Here is the site for it on nordstrom.com, and here is a picture of the one I found in store... Note that it had some wording on it to the effect of being re-manufactured, but it looked brand new. What say you guys?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Before Florsheim went nuts with the Longwing Gunboat design (and the Goodyear Welting process in it's manufacture), they were quite fond of this design. A bit more full in the forefoot area and a more narrow waist.
1950's Florsheim Suede Spectators
IMG_4365.jpg

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

One of your best....my new ones (same design Weyenbergs) will be posted soon...watch this space.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads