• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

95vbqa.jpg
cigar cap toe boot
argyles otc

love that combo, uncle.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2s5y4vt.jpg

cigar lhs
argyles otc

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys anyone know who makes Dolce and Gabbana shoes? BTW belated Happy New Year!

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
n6y2s.jpg

cigar indy
argyle otc

worldrunner

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a shoe last done in the bay area? I work in Silicon Valley and want to get some bespoke shoes. Thanks for any help or recommendations.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
16i6qdx.jpg

color 8 nst boot
argyle otc

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am TIRED of the "Traditional Longwing Gunboat". The design is very similar in almost all its incantations. I searched for something different & found these...

1940's Longwing OXFORD Gunboats in Burgundy Shell.

Ultra thick sole & a very nice storm welt.

I am not sure what's different about old & new shell (DWFII). HOWEVER, The good old stuff (like here) does seem much thicker & more robust. There is actually a gash along the broguing on one of the shoes in these, but the shell is so tough that I am sure the gash is safe from getting any larger. I even pulled at it with some tools to see if it there was any weakness in the area, and there is none.

As the 1st photo shoes, they came to me "dusty", which indicated they were in need of conditioning to prevent them from becoming overdry. After a couple of hours of shell cream (and re-aggravating my elbow tendinitis), they are to the point I am satisfied.

Not sure of the maker of these, but the footbed stamp can still be read to see "400 Madison Avenue, New York". I tried to find out which mens' boutiques were located at this address in the 40's & 50's, but could find none. Not really an issue because they were obviously made by someone else for stocking & sale at this location.

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

hkpm

Reaction score
I am TIRED of the "Traditional Longwing Gunboat". The design is very similar in almost all its incantations. I searched for something different & found these...
I am not sure what's different about old & new shell (DWFII). HOWEVER, The good old stuff (like here) does seem much thicker & more robust. There is actually a gash along the broguing on one of the shoes in these, but the shell is so tough that I am sure the gash is safe from getting any larger. I even pulled at it with some tools to see if it there was any weakness in the area, and there is none.
As the 1st photo shoes, they came to me "dusty", which indicated they were in need of conditioning to prevent them from becoming overdry. After a couple of hours of shell cream (and re-aggravating my elbow tendinitis), they are to the point I am satisfied.
Not sure of the maker of these, but the footbed stamp can still be read to see "400 Madison Avenue, New York". I tried to find out which mens' boutiques were located at this address in the 40's & 50's, but could find none. Not really an issue because they were obviously made by someone else for stocking & sale at this location.
IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

Nice Long Wing !
They look so good after conditioning!

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I

:slayer:

it possible it one of few hand welted longwing you ever see.
me wonder if early 40s or late 40s.
It very good.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
30daq69.jpg

color 8 monks
argyle otc

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A coupla Special Items I picked up SPECIFICALLY to post photos on SF. I still have to size them, as they are bespoke & unmarked size-wise, but I'm sure they're too big for my 8- 8.5's.

John Lobb 1940's Penny Loafers

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

John Lobb 1940's Chukka Monks

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads