• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nns70x.jpg

color 8 lhs
argyles otc

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And whoever does the polishing uses Saphir. The smell was unmistakable when I opened the box.

did you ask for the darkened parts? imo, they make them less versatile?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well aware that TF shoes dont get a lot of love here on the forum, but whatever, I love these.
Just came in yesterday, MTO, cognac leather captoes. I tried to capture the lasting on the toe box, it is definitely different than EG, G&G, etc. It does have a chiseled shape, but also much higher/roomier. And the waist is just awesome--the narrowest waist of any type of shoes I have, not quite as pronounced as G&G decos, but close.
And whoever does the polishing uses Saphir. The smell was unmistakable when I opened the box.
And if anybody can tell me why my photos are rotated upside down, I am all ears.

The Tom Ford anti-gravity shoes are striking! Quite distinctive.

What will you be wearing them with?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isshi - The British Walker's in Horny Lizard are remarkable.

Being horny and all do they reproduce in your shoe closet? Might your wife accept this explanation for the proliferation of shoes?

Thanks for sharing them.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mac,

You grew full length legs! Congrats!

Looking good!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im trying on the wigmore boots again. Hoping that they grew within the past 24 hours.. wish me luck :happy:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say this. The first time I sized down in G&G on that last I SWORE I wouldn't be able to wear the shoes the first time I tried them on. The second time I decided to give them a go. After 3-4 wearings they are now just fine.

Good Luck!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks Gdot, should I capture the moment on video and share with the world? depending on the outcome I might squeal like a little girl or sob

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nephew,
good looking boots, enjoy wearing

thank you, Uncle. Sadly it came at the expense of a pair of Alden boots.

nns70x.jpg

color 8 lhs
argyles otc

Uncle, are these pants purple?! I hope this is me in my more mature years. I dont feel quite ready for this level of steez.

wow man you are killing the dress boot category, sorry to hear size was too small Mr. Kopapatomus :)

:lol: thanks man!

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks Gdot, should I capture the moment on video and share with the world? depending on the outcome I might squeal like a little girl or sob

That might make some interesting Tee Vee.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ohh mai gawd, they fit! i think this sub zero weather has shrunk my feet jus enough
GIFSoup

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know you were a naked little black baby! :uhoh:

So they fit now?

You know my feet do change size a lot when I fly. On a long flight I always take my shoes off and when putting them back on before landing I can barely cram my foot into them. After an hour or so they are fine. But that is mostly a 'volume' issue. The length and width at the toes doesn't really change.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They do. It feels like they have loosened up a bit, in any case, im keeping them. I just laced them up for the first time and they feel fine. One thing about G&G is that the leather is so soft and flexible that is molds to you feet. After walking on the carpet for a few mins, they fit without any small toes sticking out.

edit-i reserve stanky leg baby gif for extra special occasions.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Summer reappeared finally in Sydney yesterday. For the wife's birthday dinner out thought I'd try my new 1950s vintage Sears Roebuck ventilated spectators:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads