1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

One way to look at it, but why keep cranking it to 8 when u can take it up to 11 and really blow yr mind,

[​IMG] I don't think u'd regret

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

good advise for a beginner. well done.

3. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Sir F,

at some point your shoe collection will grow to a point where you'll have this unpleasant thought: 'Maybe I have too many shoes...'

At this point you must decide whether to keep hoarding and buy more and more, or downsize. Fewer shoes, but of better quality.

C&J makes great shoes for a resonable price. G&G makes art in wearable form, they provide the stuff that dreams are made of.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Since you already have several pairs of C&J this seems a good choice. Although if it's a double monk you crave why not do the G&G Oakham?

You won't regret the extra money for G&G. They don't seem so very different from other english shoes until you put them on your foot and look at them in the mirror. Then the difference in the shape REALLY comes out.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  5. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

By Finsbury methinks you mean Westfield :)

6. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

God damn, now I really must get the G&G! I think by the year I started as many writes low. In the beginning I bought OK shoes, then C&J (which i'm happy with now)
    But from close friends and internet searching G&G is something i'm missing out. That's why I want to buy them and see...

For a beginner I think I have alot of shoes from cheap ones to expensive ones. Now I want to step to the next level :)

Thank you all for the help, if there is something i'm missing and should know please let me know!

7. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Sounds really good, thanks!

8. Burton

Burton Senior member

You are correct, sir. Sometimes it is difficult to keep track :)

9. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

You don't keep an 'adoption certificate' for each shoe? Nor provide them with beds to rest in that are clearly labeled by their name?

Poor, neglected shoes. You are a cruel parent who should have his shoe children removed from the home. :D

10. Burton

Burton Senior member

I keep all of my boxes etc, but keep them in the basement. Shoes get stored in a shoe rack--I have been told it is very shoe store like. :)

I didn't want to go down and look at the box and did them from memory. I guess my subconcious is telling me I need another pair of C&J. :D

11. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

I keep the boxes as well. Although for the life of me I don't quite know why. OCD?

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't have the space, but I do keep two or three of them for shoe bags.

13. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Shoe bags are great for transporting liquor bottles to and from the boat. Each bottle in a separate bag prevents clanking and diminishes possible breakage. :teach:

Unlike Vox I don't have a porter for this.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do you have a stout for it?

15. Burton

Burton Senior member

Definitely OCD.

16. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

17. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Not sure if you meet criteria :)

18. NORE

NORE Senior member

19. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

I was going to reply earlier... and then I saw this. I agree 100%. NOT traditional English last shapes. It appears as if they STARTED with the "same old" English last styles... then added their own flair to it. It may be blasphemy (on SF at least), but there seems to be a bit of Italian influence. They also have no problem using exotic leathers and creating stylistic details that are most unusual in the "elegant UK shoe" realm... also Italian traits.

20. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

You may well end up losing the love for many of your current shoes... when your new ones arrive. A DANGER of exploring the upgrade in any hobby/ addiction (at least in my case).

1 person likes this.