1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Does one have to rob graves to find these relics? :marchal:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

Of course it's not personal. It's internet banter.

styles change... but they ALWAYS come back. Very few makers today are capable of hand-welting shoes, and besides it is no longer cost effective. If you can't sell it for near $1k, it's simply not cost effective for the most part.

You'd be surprised. But, what difference does this make? Is there a "re-sale value" requirement on this post?

This is very clear.

Unless you were actively purchasing shoes in the 1950's and more often in the 1940's & 1930's you have absolutely no frame of reference. None of those shoes you mentioned above are really noteworthy later than that. Alden was NEVER a top maker. Ferragamo is mediocre in vintage terms. Even your J&M spades aren't good examples of top quality handmade US vintage shoes... unless you owned the original models from the 1930's and 1940's. Their 60's & 70's re-makes are decent, but not in the same league. You said, "I am a shoe fan but by no means a shoe expert." You are correct.

This is a horrendous comparison. Cars? Who the hell cares about buying a new "hand-made car"? Anthony Dellos is like Maybach? Bestetti like Bentley?

Hopefully they will have a cure for dementia and I will be able to avoid descending into your present state of, "I'm no expert BUT I sure know what I'm talking about!"

As your opinions as to what I should and should not post would be best suited in a garbage can.

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

yep, i admit.

4. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Not mine, but figured I would try to get this thread back on track with a great looking pair of delos loafers that I would like to get.

[​IMG]

-LR

5. Axxl

Axxl Active Member

Hi,

I am new to this sophisticated place of sartorial wisdom. My entry in the " May I introduce myself" thread will follow.

Awesome C&J I must say. And those gentlemen misinterpreting here in the most Freudian fahion, please be informed that this is a regal pattern. It is called fleur de lys (lily); an ancient heraldic pattern which happens to symbolise Mother Mary and has been part of many european family emblems. Amongst them my very own family and the french bourbon family, once the reigns of a french empire. It can even be found in some city flags and coats of arms in the new world, predominantly in those US American cities founded by french immigrants.

So please enjoy your very traditional Bourbon pattern and carry it with pride. It means a lot to me and many people in the know.

With kind regards and due respect

Axel

PS: Please do not be offended by my grammar and orthography: I am European by heart and rooted in Germany

6. Axxl

Axxl Active Member

Sorry Gentlemen,

my entry is referencing the following entry: post #3620

Sorry for any confusion!

7. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

I like your black circle. One of the best shots of black shoes I have seen on SF.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

9. rikod

rikod Senior member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  10. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Please don't stop posting, I love these shoes!!

11. srivats

srivats Senior member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  12. meister

meister Senior member

Wingtip at 9 oclock is what brand?

13. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Exhibit A is Playboy, and as good as it gets; Exhibit B- Hustler
    While I'd like to see more Playboy, it's a pron thread, and who are we to say what turns other peeps on?

14. meister

meister Senior member

Sorry NORE you are talking out of your arse mate...quit while your ahead.

15. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

admit- the bar was pretty high back in the day [​IMG]...

I blame the GFC and Portnoy's long hiatus
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Don't be fraid to post gents

16. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Give me the monkstraps.

17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Whoa.... nice collage.

18. Burton

Burton Senior member

I am with Nore. I have no interest in most of these shoes. A '64 Impala wasn't a good car in '64 and it is nothing more than a curio today. Most of the shoes iss posts aren't particularly attractive and today they are primarily props. Not to say they are all bad--but none make me want to wear something worn by someone else and dug from a dusty closet. That said, people here seem to like them and there are forum tools that allow you to eliminate most of those pics from view.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  19. Burton

Burton Senior member

That's my kind of pron.

20. rikod

rikod Senior member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012